$pecialized Enduro 6fattie

mitchy_

Llama calmer
picked up my Endurbro today. :love:

doesn't need much in the way of mods, they are pretty well sorted from factory! (plus everyone loves a PYR on a dead stock bike. :yawn:)

2016 Specialized Enduro Comp 29

160mm Pike
Fox DPS
125mm stealth dropper with SRL remote
1x11 Sram GX
Sram Guide R brakes (will swap with the Guide RS on the hardtail)
780 bars
29mm internal wide Roval wheels
2.3" Butcher/Slaughter Control 2Bliss tyres

have ordered some stealth black pike logo's as well... it's dying for more black.

for much girlier duties, there is the hardtail....

2014 Giant Talon 2 29

95-120mm Fox Factory
1x10 Sram X0/XTR
Sram Guide RS brakes (as above, will become Guide R's)
777 bars
Easton EA70 XC wheels
2.35" Ikon's 3C/EXO/TR

Last edited:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Rad looking bikes there. I reckon you may need a larger garage and racks, just in case....
And car too apparently... Had to wrestle it into the back of the car so I can take it for its maiden voyage after client visits today.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
So how did she ride? Looks awesome.
apart from blowing a front tube to smithereens, it went great. i'm setting PR's for climbing on a 160mm bike which just seems silly... but testament to just how versatile a bike it is. it's basically a Stumpjumper on steroids.

still needs lots of tweaking though... new Fox DPS shock is unknown territory to me, and the pike doesn't feel as plush as my last one. not sure if i've not got the pressures correct or if it's just a new fork needing to wear itself in.

some better pics...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Excuse me, but both your bikes look completely sick. That's possibly the best looking XTC I've ever seen.

Keen to hear about progress reports with the fully Endurbro. Big travel 29ers are very underrated imo, but I did wonder whether one of those would ever feel like "too much" bike (for Australia anyway).

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Nice ride!

I was, however half expecting the usual fully sick bokeh photos like the chinese cross bike pics you did a long time ago haha.

redline316

Likes Dirt
Excuse me, but both your bikes look completely sick. That's possibly the best looking XTC I've ever seen.

Keen to hear about progress reports with the fully Endurbro. Big travel 29ers are very underrated imo, but I did wonder whether one of those would ever feel like "too much" bike (for Australia anyway).
Its a talon bro.

mitchy_

Llama calmer

I originally intended on buying a stumpy, and test rode the enduro just to confirm I was making the right choice.
The enduro climbs 90% as well as the stumpy does, but it descends at 120% and just feels so damn playful. It certainly doesn't feel as big as you'd expect.

Is it too much bike? Probably. But it sure as shit does its best to ride like a smaller bike whilst offering all the best parts of a 160mm weapon.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
I'll have to get you to show me around my Joyce, still haven't gotten out there yet. Might need some more protective gear by the sounds of things though...
Yeah definitely. I think you would be fine... its only me that seems to need protective gear :heh:

Let me know next time you are heading into Nerang for a ride if you get the chance. I will pop down. will send you a pm actually!

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Nice rig. I owned one of these for 12 months (2014 model). This one seems to address all the little things i disliked about that bike with the spec changes over the years. Mine *felt* sluggish on the climbs and for XC but looking at times was actually deceptively fast. Bloody hoot on the wilder stuff too.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Nice rig. I owned one of these for 12 months (2014 model). This one seems to address all the little things i disliked about that bike with the spec changes over the years. Mine *felt* sluggish on the climbs and for XC but looking at times was actually deceptively fast. Bloody hoot on the wilder stuff too.
out of interest, what didn't you like about yours?

i demo'd a '15 version, the only things i didn't like on the test ride was the fox float still felt a little harsh, no dropper post, and i wished it had one lower gear (30t to 11-36) but then they added a Fox Float DPS, stealth dropper and 28t to 10-42 for 2016.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Sweet bike!!!

I was very keen on one until a read a DIRT review where they said it awesome, but it was a lot of bike, and didn't really shine unless you were pushing hard...like pro hard. I'm no pro so I started looking at smaller travel bikes.

Id be great to hear a ride review once you've had some time on the bike.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
out of interest, what didn't you like about yours?
Stock roval wheels were poo (flexy, hubs not great). Yours has the new fattie rims which i'm guessing are probably stiffer.

Mine had formula brakes - promptly replaced with XT's.

I (perhaps stupidly) converted mine to 1x10 (32T). I'm a pretty strong climber but I like a bigger (lower) gear range for the longer rides.

No dropper standard.

The fox float CTD evo on mine, was certainly plush enough, but had terrible mid-stroke support and would wallow/blow through the travel even at above recommended pressure/sag (I only weigh 70kg and dont ride as hard as I used to). I was going to try a monarch debonair as the enduro's ive ridden with the CCDB inline were not impressive (not to mention the durability issues).

The 16 enduro looks to have addressed all of these issues. Be interesting to see if/when specialized update the frame. I really think the geo is something pretty special, would be brave to mess with it.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll have to get you to show me around my Joyce, still haven't gotten out there yet. Might need some more protective gear by the sounds of things though...
Joyce is mint, you'll love it!

p.s. that giant hardtail is fucking sick