Penguin MTB trails on ABC

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Just watched it. Not a bad watch. Another place on my list to visit

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
The ABC program "Back Roads" features a snippet on the new trails and builder. It has some BIG features.
You should be able to catch it on iveiw.
Marcelo Cardona is one of our club members and the trails you saw are actually in his backyard. He built the free ride area in the Penguin MTB park, had a hand in a lot of the trail construction around the park and his trail company, Next Level MTB are currently building the trails in the Dial Range. They also built the Oonah Hill trail at Zeehan and my home trail the Warrawee Wild Mersey trail network, plus he's a top bloke!

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Uses to love when I was a child and the local newspaper would report on someone from penquin.
'A 32 year old penguin man was found disorientated in the mall'

The idea of a 'penguin man' always got me giggling.

Also this is rad, moving down near Penguin next year.
If I wasnt a skier I would've moved to Tassie years ago.
Jan + Feb too hot in NE Vic .

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Mark me as Jealous - Beaut part of Tassie !
Yep the northwest coast of Tassie is pretty good.
Doesn't get the extremes in hot and cold like Launceston and Hobart, not as wet as the west coast not dry as a chip as the east coast.
It's the Goldilocks zone :p
Plus the trails are growing every day!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
As in Alexandra NZ?

If so it wasn't that bad and you had year round riding.
Yup, that one. 33°+ in summer down to -10/15° extremes was brutal for a coast dweller.

I wish the trails that are there now were about back then (they probably were in some shape or form), but mtb was barely on my radar, I had one (tennis ball yellow/green Marin) but it mainly saw forest/logging trails.

Last edited:

herbman

Likes Dirt
Did 15 plus years there before moving to TAS. You got used to it. and was more than happy to put up with hot and cold for the riding in the hills.