Penguin

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
cheers mate... I ain't no utoob pro but do what I can....more Tas to come keep yr eye out ;)
I'm looking forward to some Queensland content too to be honest, haven't come across many videos of SEQ tracks. Like to have a look to plan where I try next when I stop being shit at Nerang.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Nice!
Yeah the poor old jump line needs some love. We have some working bees planned to tidy it up. Between running races and construction of Dial Range trails our volunteers have been a bit stretched. Nice if the council gave us a hand :rolleyes:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I wish we had a Walmart in QLD...
Yeah, Walmart pumped a huge amount of money into trails but it's all on their own land unlike what they're trying to do here. The new formed advocacy group here is nothing but trouble and already on the wrong foot with the local council. We had the perfect opportunity of doing something like this at Mt Tambo but no one got behind the bloke after the plans were passed by council and he won in the courts against the Greenies.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Yeah, Walmart pumped a huge amount of money into trails but it's all on their own land unlike what they're trying to do here. The new formed advocacy group here is nothing but trouble and already on the wrong foot with the local council. We had the perfect opportunity of doing something like this at Mt Tambo but no one got behind the bloke after the plans were passed by council and he won in the courts from the Greenies.
I just wish our useless council saw the value in MTBing and helped us, the local club, with the trails we put on their land. Funny how they are behind you until it costs them money....

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Yeah, Walmart pumped a huge amount of money into trails but it's all on their own land unlike what they're trying to do here. The new formed advocacy group here is nothing but trouble and already on the wrong foot with the local council. We had the perfect opportunity of doing something like this at Mt Tambo but no one got behind the bloke after the plans were passed by council and he won in the courts against the Greenies.
My club the Cradle Coast Mountain Bike Club started building the Penguin Mountain bike park back around 2010 on an old Speedway site and the surrounding bush. We lease the land off the council for a cheap price but unlike a lot of other clubs ie. the golf club, footy club, bowls club, MX club and so on, we allow the whole community to use the park free of charge. Unfortunately it's like getting blood out of a stone for a bit of financial assistance from Central Coast Council but you never know.
Between the Penguin MTB park and the new Dial Range trails there are 22km of mountain bike trails just behind Penguin. All of these were build and funded by the club and grants applied by the club.
We are fortunate though that other councils in Tassie are much more forward thinking like Latrobe and Kentish (Wild Mersey), Dorset (Blue Derby), Break O' Day (St Helens trails), Clarance (Meehan Range), West Coast (the future Mt Owen), and George Town (Future new network)

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My club the Cradle Coast Mountain Bike Club started building the Penguin Mountain bike park back around 2010 on an old Speedway site and the surrounding bush. We lease the land off the council for a cheap price but unlike a lot of other clubs ie. the golf club, footy club, bowls club, MX club and so on, we allow the whole community to use the park free of charge. Unfortunately it's like getting blood out of a stone for a bit of financial assistance from Central Coast Council but you never know.
Between the Penguin MTB park and the new Dial Range trails there are 22km of mountain bike trails just behind Penguin. All of these were build and funded by the club and grants applied by the club.
We are fortunate though that other councils in Tassie are much more forward thinking like Latrobe and Kentish (Wild Mersey), Dorset (Blue Derby), Break O' Day (St Helens trails), Clarance (Meehan Range), West Coast (the future Mt Owen), and George Town (Future new network)
You've done well! We're a tiny and club and we're losing heart now when we see what other areas are doing and how councils are supporting them. The trails here too are available to ride free of charge so are of huge benefit to the town as far as offering something else to do while you are here for the weekend. Our council can't even be assed looking into grants, other forms of funding etc. which are readily available at the moment. And when they do do something they don't bother consulting or listening to us anyway and fuck it up.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Tassie councils are good when it comes to this, they've revived old towns that now bring in money and not just to the MTB park towns but to other parts of Tassie too. The Brisbane trail network is a whole different kettle of fish, MTB riders have doubled in the past 10 years and we've had counters installed at one of the parks, they roughly counted about 3000 riders in a month, 6 years ago and that's averaging with Strava multi-rides from one rider on the same trail but if they have a trailcare day it will be lucky if you see 6 people turn up.

The politics with so many individual clubs fighting over funding isn't good either and not to mention a newly formed advocacy group that barely knows any history of local trials or why things ended up the way it did here, they seemed to be more concerned about funding than doing anything beneficial to push anything along.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
back to topic,I need views not banter.................................... :p:oops::):oops::):)
You're gonna have to do something to cut thru the fat. Really grab attention and go proper viral.
I dunno.... ride down the hill in your birthday suit?
Bunny hop off a singed koala?
Put a 26" wheel on the front and a 29er on the back?
Fill your camel back with Absinthe and enter a local race?
If you're targeting the Tassie audience you'll need to get family involved.