People's advice on a hardtail bike please?

Baino

Likes Bikes
Hi all, just doing some research on a new hardtail iv been looking at the giant xtc 2, is there somthing else maybe I should look at, it's mainly going to be a second bike for doing light trails and general fitness riding and able to but the baby seat on, cheers.

chrisp2087

Likes Dirt
G'day mate,

I went through the same thing a few years back was all set on the XTC until I got a good deal on a Scott Scale and I really like it, nice geometry for the XC rider, not a bad spec for fairly cheap although I'm not sure it has mounts for racks, I think worth checking out though.

Cheers,
Chris

ktmray77

Likes Bikes
G'day,

i have a xtc 2 composite and i love it, It's a great xc bike I've done a few mods like a dropper post and slx brakes etc. but it has never faulted me. it loves the up hills. i did a race recently and it was funny i was being overtaken on the downhill sections (my lack of skill not the bikes fault) but as soon as we hit the next climb I'd just ride past them, it made for some great racing. but seriously some people knock the Giants but me personally haven't had a issue at all with mine. about the only thing I'd like to be a bit better is she's a bit hard to get around up hill switch backs but i think it's more of a fault with the 29er wheels. :blah:

Cheers

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Hi all, just doing some research on a new hardtail iv been looking at the giant xtc 2, is there somthing else maybe I should look at, it's mainly going to be a second bike for doing light trails and general fitness riding and able to but the baby seat on, cheers.
Yeah...save your money and check out a Talon (and its ilk) instead. XTC is gilding the lily for that sort of use...

Hyped

Likes Bikes
I built up an On One inbred, something different and didn't cost much. Really nice geometry, I use it for commuting and general riding about with my kids.