Perth Newb

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Another new member - one of many adopted Brits living in Perth
I've been riding road bikes (slowly) for a while now, but bought a 2018 Trek X-Caliber 8 a couple of years ago with the intention of supplementing my riding, but my fitness level vs. everyone else I was riding with along with a poor fit left me out of love very quickly. Having the seat jacked up due to my poor knees made descending no fun, which was half of it.
I recently dusted it off, had it serviced and stuck a 150mm dropper on and it's much better. Need to tweak the fit, but much happier. My roadie is an endurance-focused 2019 BMC Roadmachine RM02 Three I try to get out on at least once a week.
Haven't been riding offroad too long overall, but hoping to get out now the weather in WA is getting better. Interested more in singletrack riding more than anything else, but will see how I get on!
Also a big sucker for upgradeitis - been drooling over some more trail oriented hardtails (SC Chameleon mainly) and looking at easy ways to upgrade my current bike. First on the pile is likely a set of 120mm Z2s. Had some Z1s on my old Sintesi Thruster I bought off a mate back home so a bit of nostalgia there.