(Perth) Stolen Kona Stuff 04 with Hayes Brakes (found)

dumb 01

Likes Dirt
my Kona Stuff 04 (without wheels) was stolen when i left it on the back of my car for 2 mins this morning.

The wheels were not on it,

it is the 04 Kona Stuff, "cream" coloured frame.
Marzocci Drop Off front forks
Black forks, bars, stems etc
ie basicly a stock Stuff accept brakes

Distinguishing Feachers:
Hayes HFX-9 brakes, 8" mounts (remember no wheels)
2 major frame scratches;
1 on the top tube of the frame next to the Stuff symbol, it has touch up paint on it but is still noticable,
a big paint grind/smudge on the under side of the tube which runs from the Head to the Crank. it is very noticable/unique but only visible from undernieth.

It did not have the wheels on it so if it is seen anywhere chances are it will have non stock rims (were black "Sun" rims). any new wheels may not have the 8" hayes rotors on either.

serial numb # H3G67759
my phone # 0439900298 ,or 08 94745274

Obviously the cream frame is quite rare in Perth so if you see a cream Kona Stuff anywhere in Perth theres a very good chance its mine, so please investigate the siting.

I will give a Reward, and many thanks. Like anybody's bike this bike means a lot to me and took a lot of effort to pay for.

Thanks Heaps for any help

Matt

Adi

It's my birthday!

Good on you Matt and everyone that helped him out along the way, your hard work has paid off! The thiefs better be brought to justice!

Good on ya guys.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
What? You got it back?

How?!? That's fantastic (and amazing) news and all, but tell us how you managed to recover it! Most of us never get that lucky so maybe we can take something from your story...

dumb 01

Likes Dirt
thanks yep check out that link.

get on to bike shops quickly, get a thoughtful fax sent out at least. following any leads/ideas you can get, look in all classifieds, dont just relly on the cops and dont not bother doing something because you dont think its worth it. anything can lead to anything. talk to locals, look for security cameras.

its important to see people in person, not just talk on the phone, and dont get put off by the stories you get told or cos people are uneager to assist you, keep hassling.

try putting a wanted to buy add in the classifieds, the thief may try to sell your bike to you.

ive been told how cash converters etc can be really dodgy ( not sure if true or not) so it may be better to ask them your looking to buy rather than say your bike was stolen.

dont bash someone cos u think they stole your bike.
my uncle told me if you write a letter to the police commissioner/ minister you case will get looked at (get some evidence first).

good luck

Thats great that you got your STUFF back!!!!! there great bikes (ive got 1) your lucky you got it back!!! god u must wanna kill the bastards who stole it!!!!!