Pike worth a upgrade over a Revelation?

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Depends what model, but for any Pike or Revelation with the older A1 air shaft the single best upgrade you can do is the C1 Debonair air shaft. Night and day difference. Only costs about $80 last I checked and would be a better upgrade than a whole new fork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not real sure what mine has inside, it's a 2019 spec.

Attachments

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably depends on where you are coming from also.

If you had a 32mm fork and went to a 35mm Revelation, it would feel much more solid.
The action may not be better, but it will handle better due to increased stiffness.

I have held a long grievance with fork performance as I think service intervals are way too short and they only really function well if you are servicing them regularly yourself (I'm a set and forget type)
If they have 40 hour service intervals, that was every 3-4 weeks in my XC racing and training days.

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Probably depends on where you are coming from also.

If you had a 32mm fork and went to a 35mm Revelation, it would feel much more solid.
The action may not be better, but it will handle better due to increased stiffness.

I have held a long grievance with fork performance as I think service intervals are way too short and they only really function well if you are servicing them regularly yourself (I'm a set and forget type)
If they have 40 hour service intervals, that was every 3-4 weeks in my XC racing and training days.
I do my motorcycle forks every 5 years... Shows how flimsy MTB forks are in comparison.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I do my motorcycle forks every 5 years... Shows how flimsy MTB forks are in comparison.
How much do they weigh and what's the horse power on the bike?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk