Pink Mountain Bike

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Strange request I know, and believe me I've used the search engine to avoid starting this thread.
I've been dating this bird who is obsessed with hot pink! She's a super fit triathlete, and she now wants to give mountain biking a try for adventure races & events like Anaconda.
She's after a hot pink mountain bike! A cross country or all mountain bike would suit.
In my searches I've only come across the Yeti ASR which is a very nice bike but probably a little over the price range for a beginner rider.

http://www.yeticycles.com/#/ourrides/ASR_ALLOY/PINK/

Does anybody know of any others to consider?

Howie66

Likes Dirt
You can always strip back a frame of your choice and get some hot pink PlastiKote and do it yourself..

sounds like shes got taste. i have two pink bikes, one i painted pink myself, one i bought second hand already pink. neither were originally pink, both had to be custom painted. good luck finding a pink bike new- seeing as most mountain bikes are ridden by guys, and most guys are too scared of their mates accusing them of being gay to risk it...

Justin Fox

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If money wasn't toooo much of a problem I'd invest in the Giant Cypher. It's got nice pinkish/red hot spots and it's allll class.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When I was on the spring-cycle I saw an all out pink STP with a chic rider
-Pikes with pink lowers
-Pink bars/grips/stem
-Pink frame
-Pink rims
-Pink hubs (wtf?)
-Pink tyres
-Pink seat
-Only thing wasnt pink was the seat post.

She was probably about 15/16
Now before you get too excited: She was excessively fat and caused me to vomit on the side of the road. :(

chino79

Likes Dirt
She was probably about 15/16
Now before you get too excited: She was excessively fat and caused me to vomit on the side of the road. :(
Good thing she rides then hey, lets hope she is not a Farkin member. Comments like that could turn her of riding, possibly turning her in to a Bushwalker;).

Now the bike, I would pick a bike that is suitable and send the frame to grip, if pulling it down is not an option for you. I am sure you could tee something up with your LBS and get them to strip it down as part of the deal. Good luck.

monc

Likes Dirt
One of the 08 Specialized womens bikes was pink, possibly the equivalent of the Epic - perfect for XC.

Mind you, even though I'm a girl, it really $hits me when they make some models available only in pink, but it obviously interests enough people.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you mean fat fat, or the typical adolescent definition of fat, i.e. if you can't see her ribs through two layers of clothing, she's fat?
No i mean FAT FAT. I think she was using the stp because a road/kmart bike wouldnt hold up to casual road riding :confused:

Saffa

Likes Dirt
06 kona lisa, my missus has one and it is about as hot pink as you can get, with a decent spec. you could pick one up for about 1000.

Attachments

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was going to get pink goggles. but then i thought that it would be no fun lining up for a shuttle with pink goggles...

Gripo

Eats Squid
pink bits

Lots of pink parts out there including Halo tyres, just depends how taseful she wants it.

See my sig for a bike with pink parts.
*CK headset
*Hope brakes
*SKF bottom bracket cups
*Dangerboy seatpost clamp
*Imperial lockon grips caps
*Custom Fox fork stickers

Since the photo was taken there's a CK pink f/r hubset along with a pink salsa seatpost qr.

Last edited: