Pinkbike Return to Earth challenge

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I'm expecting a kid in the first week of August. Will be an interesting metric to gauge how short the leash gets :p

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I'm expecting a kid in the first week of August. Will be an interesting metric to gauge how short the leash gets :p
I like the way you think. Just poking the tiger with a stick.:D

For some reason my first ride hasn't registered as a challenge ride even though it's on my ride log on Trailforks:(

BT180

Max Pfaff
Yeah, i'm giving it a go. Will do my usual rides each week and then try and fill the days in between with a segment close to my house. Will be tough though!

BT180

Max Pfaff
I like the way you think. Just poking the tiger with a stick.:D

For some reason my first ride hasn't registered as a challenge ride even though it's on my ride log on Trailforks:(
Started at 5pm our time last night, didn't it? Maybe you went off too early...

Stredda

Started at 5pm our time last night, didn't it? Maybe you went off too early...
Started Monday first of July but they did have some timezone issues. I saw that some NZ and Aussie riders got their day one badges on July 1st but I got mine on July 2nd ride. Anyway they fixed it and I now have 4 challenge badges.
Just remember you need to ride a Trailforks trail and ride the whole trail, I'm lucky that I live 5min from a trail head.

Stredda

I didn't start because I couldn't be fucked being one of the elite
I'm hardly one of the elite;)
You just need to ride at least one full Trailforks trail each day to have a chance to win the bike or ride any day to get a day badge to have a chance to win a list of other prizes. It's a $12,500 worth of custom bike and only 10 days in it's a 1 in 2000 chance, pretty good odds I think. Interested to see how many make 30 days

RichJS

Likes Dirt
And if you log a ride every day, that gives about a 1 in 130 chance of winning a daily prize pack - which are each a solid $500 worth of kit. Want to place bets on 30 day streak riders at the end? My guess is 1800.

I have a 400m segment thru a park 1km from home. Half my ridelogs have only that in them. :p

Nothing elite about me, and I have won a trailforks comp before! As a result I got to chat with candaka and other staff .. PB clearly spends a lot of money on TrailForks, puts no ads on the site or app, cares about riders, and I think it results in a lot of good for both riders and trail builders / admins.

nelsti

Likes Bikes
It's a shame I couldn't find a trail within 30 minutes drive.

I had some success last year with Pinkbikes Advent giveaway contest, nothing bike related but $600 of Thule luggage :)

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Starting to think I should have given it a go, too late now. :rolleyes:

Those are pretty good odds.

Stredda

And if you log a ride every day, that gives about a 1 in 130 chance of winning a daily prize pack - which are each a solid $500 worth of kit. Want to place bets on 30 day streak riders at the end? My guess is 1800.

I have a 400m segment thru a park 1km from home. Half my ridelogs have only that in them. :p

Nothing elite about me, and I have won a trailforks comp before! As a result I got to chat with candaka and other staff .. PB clearly spends a lot of money on TrailForks, puts no ads on the site or app, cares about riders, and I think it results in a lot of good for both riders and trail builders / admins.
I'm guessing 1750 by the end of the 30 day streak. It is stabilizing but still losing around 50 a day from the list.
The weather has been so bad the last week. Trees have been down all over the place on my local trail the last two rides. I spend as much time lifting my bike over fallen trees and picking up sticks and branches as I have actually riding, but it's given me motivation to get out and ride when I most likely wouldn't.

Starting to think I should have given it a go, too late now. :rolleyes:

Those are pretty good odds.
Still give it a crack. Every day you get a daily badge is a chance to win a daily prize pack.

Last edited: