Pivot Mach 6 + Push Industries ElevenSix Coil over shock

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a quick question, had a look at the order details they require, why da fuk is stem cap colour a required field? Is this some sort of obscure cannuk humour, or does purple really affect your bikes performance?
They chuck a stem cap in for a bit of free marketing. But I know that adding matching green to my bike has added at least 3km/h. to my top speed.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you had this thing down at Thredbo yet? If so how'd it go?
Thinking about one for the Nomad, but having trouble swallowing the price and, even though it's less its less of a concern, the weight increase. But I'm sure the performance increase will offset this.

What to do.....
Yeah mate had it at Thredbo about a dozen times now. Got a 5th in class the other day and time would have been a 3rd in expert category smoking those young-uns!!!!! The ElevenSix is a big contributor to that. The shock just gives you so much control. The back wheel seems fixed to the ground unless you want to lift it. Towards the end of race day the braking ruts got bigger and it soaked that shit up like it was nothing. Yes it costs a lot but there is a reason for that. You are getting a CUSTOM shock built to your specs for your bike with tool-less adjust-ability (except for sag) that each click makes a truly noticeable change in ride feel. Sure you'll be happy with another shock but it's designed to fit any bike and any rider, I've found they are nowhere near as easily tune-able as the ElevenSix and when I have tuned them it's taken multiple clicks to even notice a minor change in ride feel. And as they say, ignorance is bliss.

I know that all sounds like propaganda and that I've drunk the Kool-aid as they say but this shock is next level. If you don't believe me, do your research and I challenge you to find a bad review.

Cheers Scott.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah mate had it at Thredbo about a dozen times now. Got a 5th in class the other day and time would have been a 3rd in expert category smoking those young-uns!!!!! The ElevenSix is a big contributor to that. The shock just gives you so much control. The back wheel seems fixed to the ground unless you want to lift it. Towards the end of race day the braking ruts got bigger and it soaked that shit up like it was nothing. Yes it costs a lot but there is a reason for that. You are getting a CUSTOM shock built to your specs for your bike with tool-less adjust-ability (except for sag) that each click makes a truly noticeable change in ride feel. Sure you'll be happy with another shock but it's designed to fit any bike and any rider, I've found they are nowhere near as easily tune-able as the ElevenSix and when I have tuned them it's taken multiple clicks to even notice a minor change in ride feel. And as they say, ignorance is bliss.

I know that all sounds like propaganda and that I've drunk the Kool-aid as they say but this shock is next level. If you don't believe me, do your research and I challenge you to find a bad review.

Cheers Scott.
Stop doing this to me haha

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
While on the topic of price can anyone chime on on whether this shock would justify the 3x price of say an RS Vivid Coil? Even if the vivid only gives 90% of the performance I'd say it's worthwhile.
Never used a Vivid, all I can tell you is how good the Push is which is amazing.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
even though it's less its less of a concern, the weight increase. But I'm sure the performance increase will offset this.
I've never been a gram counter but I can tell you the ElevenSix weighs exactly double that of my Fox Float X with an EVOL can upgrade. The only time I've ever noticed is putting the bike on the bike rack at the end of the day. I've never noticed it riding at all.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Whilst I can't help answer your question I have decided to go DHX2 on my nomad, I figure for 1/3 the price (if I get a usedy) it can't be 2/3 worse then a 11/6.
I don't know if that maths adds up, but whatever, you get he idea
;)
Don't underestimate Fox's ability to produce a shit bit of gear...and you need to add in the cost of a rebuild to your calcs.

Bretto172

Likes Dirt
Push

Old post I know... about to purchase one of these things for a Bronson. Here's to buying into the hype!

Markee

Likes Dirt
Another thread dig.

Just purchased Woffa's 11-6 for my Nomad and wondering if anyone has a 425lb or even a 400lb spring I could try or buy if price is right?
Willing to swap the 450lb I have as I can't get near the 20% sag let alone more for what I need.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Another thread dig.

Just purchased Woffa's 11-6 for my Nomad and wondering if anyone has a 425lb or even a 400lb spring I could try or buy if price is right?
Willing to swap the 450lb I have as I can't get near the 20% sag let alone more for what I need.
Will a Fox spring work? I've got a 400 you can try...

Markee

Likes Dirt

Unsure. I will ask NSDynamics tomorrow when I call. I've found a buyer for my 450lb one so I am going to purchase a 400lb from NSD if they have it in stock. If they don't and the Fox one fits I'd be keen to try it until I can get one from Push in the US BK?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Unsure. I will ask NSDynamics tomorrow when I call. I've found a buyer for my 450lb one so I am going to purchase a 400lb from NSD if they have it in stock. If they don't and the Fox one fits I'd be keen to try it until I can get one from Push in the US BK?
No worries Markee mark. Just pm me your address and it'll be in the mail.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From memory I don't think it will work. I checked this when I got mine in the early days as I got mine around xmas 2015 and thought it would be a while before I could change it over. The spring was 25lb too much, I too went with the 400lb. Anyway I thought I would try a fox (given I'm not the most patient person on the planet) but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work. They just told me to ride the 425lb spring until the 400 turned up then just keep whichever one I liked. I went the 400lb.