places that rock, blue mountans

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Hey no skid marks, didn't you post in the Blue Mountains DH Rider's thread that you and your merry little men were going to take down all the north shore at lappo...?
Funny stuff, the way all the north shore just got taken down.
Not by council either.. haha

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
Is there any new tracks that I could earn the pleasure of riding by dong some track work to help the builders out, as I appreciate how much work goes into them, and how fragile some of them are with the sandy dirt available, and how politically incorrect they in the view of most of the MTNs community.
Perhaps something like that would have been a more appealing question to local riders, be it DH, XC, or DJs.As otherwise, there's no real benefit for anyone to let you know where tracks are, as they'll just get thrashed, you'll possibly get injured and draw attention to them, or you'll just disrespect them, and make a racket, leave rubbish, and make them obvious to the passing public.
Without putting in the hard yards behind the shovel, I don't think many people bother to respect DH tracks and the possible sensitivity involved with them.
Daddy Rat, I coined the name "Hero track" when they were origonally built with big drops to flats, they got more DH style and flowy after the fires burnt out all the north shore style stuff four or so years ago.
For someone who doesn't DH anymore, perhaps you've said enough about the "hero tracks" location, and possibly you wouldn't mind editing your post;)
Thanks for that well thought out reply its good to see someone with a little grammar sense, you make good points with the building to ride and such. Obr is my local track even though its a 30-40min drive for me and im not saying i do trail work or anything but i do tidy up things whenever im there, also gonna be looking at getting the road gap there back to its former glory and fix some of the erosion and worn out berms back up. Note no track changes are gonna be made by me so if any are done in the next few weeks it wasnt me, strictly repair and ride.

Hey no skid marks, didn't you post in the Blue Mountains DH Rider's thread that you and your merry little men were going to take down all the north shore at lappo...?
i hope not, i dont know why anyone would want to destroy something like that anyway, it just hurts the local scene

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Well it couldn't have been council. Last time I checked council dont stick planks of wood with nails sticking up out of them on the the lips of jumps...

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
Well it couldn't have been council. Last time I checked council dont stick planks of wood with nails sticking up out of them on the the lips of jumps...
far out by the sounds of things blue mountains has like trail mafia wars going, talks of killings if you go to there trails, booby trapping jumps. Its a dog eat dog world over there

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I met the original builders out there, and I thought it was disrespectful that you'd jeopardise the tramways tracks by building pointless North shore that has been removed their by council before. Quite simply, the council can more easily overlook dirt mounds(jumps), than (generally pointless)North shore scaffolding, that is more of an eye saw, and liability. But you know that, don't you smart arse, and know I never bothered to go pull shit down.

cleche name

Likes Bikes
Is there any new tracks that I could earn the pleasure of riding by dong some track work to help the builders out, as I appreciate how much work goes into them, and how fragile some of them are with the sandy dirt available, and how politically incorrect they in the view of most of the MTNs community.
Perhaps something like that would have been a more appealing question to local riders, be it DH, XC, or DJs.As otherwise, there's no real benefit for anyone to let you know where tracks are, as they'll just get thrashed, you'll possibly get injured and draw attention to them, or you'll just disrespect them, and make a racket, leave rubbish, and make them obvious to the passing public.
Without putting in the hard yards behind the shovel, I don't think many people bother to respect DH tracks and the possible sensitivity involved with them.
Daddy Rat, I coined the name "Hero track" when they were origonally built with big drops to flats, they got more DH style and flowy after the fires burnt out all the north shore style stuff four or so years ago.
For someone who doesn't DH anymore, perhaps you've said enough about the "hero tracks" location, and possibly you wouldn't mind editing your post;)
like i said, i appologised. i know realise people are wankers and just wanna fight. im sorry i thought this was a supportive forum. what more can i say. had i known i would never have posted any thing. all i was wanting to know is wear people ride these days. cos know on ever seems to be at the old locations. again im sorry. theres a car forum i use, were if you have a peroblem or a issue, people help you out. i didnt realilse mountain bikes are such tools. it was an honest mistake form some one that dosnt know much about the dh seen. ive appolgied. and i hope i never ever meet any one else ridding cos by the sound of it, im betta of alone!

No Skid Marks

like i said, i appologised. i know realise people are wankers and just wanna fight. im sorry i thought this was a supportive forum. what more can i say. had i known i would never have posted any thing. all i was wanting to know is wear people ride these days. cos know on ever seems to be at the old locations. again im sorry. theres a car forum i use, were if you have a peroblem or a issue, people help you out. i didnt realilse mountain bikes are such tools. it was an honest mistake form some one that dosnt know much about the dh seen. ive appolgied. and i hope i never ever meet any one else ridding cos by the sound of it, im betta of alone!
I didn't intend it as a personal attack on you. I was just trying to sumarise what others had stated. Posting DH track locations on the net aint cool, especially when nearly all of them are illegal, and National Parks etc check forums like this out. I'm sure on the "car forum" you use you wouldn't ask where the illegal drag races were this weekend and expect an answer. I thought I spelt it all out fairly clearly, I didn't intend to offend anyone, I was just explaining my view, and that's what forums are about I thought. I don't think the south coast has the "greeny" population that we have up here, nor is the bushland as sensitive.
"Loose lips sink ships".
Shoot us a PM and possibly well hook up to do some runs.

Last edited:

cleche name

Likes Bikes
I didn't intend it as a personal attack on you. I was just trying to sumarise what others had stated. Posting DH track locations on the net aint cool, especially when nearly all of them are illegal, and National Parks etc check forums like this out. I'm sure you wouldn't ask where the illegal drag races were this weekend and expect an answer. I thought I spelt it all out fairly clearly, I didn't intend to offend anyone, I was just explaining my view, and that's what forums are about I thought.
"Loose lips sink ships".
Shoot us a PM and possibly well hook up to do some runs.
koolness! i didnt reailse national parks had the compasitly to use a computer did i? the last thing i want is for any thing to get destroyed. i HATE THAT!!!!! i im not a fan of trail vandelism by any one! i thought this was more under ground. like who the hell has herd of rotor burn other then riders? obviously its bigger then i thought! it was a honest mistake. ive edit the origial post so know one can see you locations i mentioned.......

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
i think a mod should just close this thread before any more harm is done
To end it cleche man by the sounds of things you wont get told of any other tracks besides the 3 you said, sorry i couldnt be of anymore help

cleche name

Likes Bikes
i think a mod should just close this thread before any more harm is done
To end it cleche man by the sounds of things you wont get told of any other tracks besides the 3 you said, sorry i couldnt be of anymore help
how the devil do i end it?

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quite simply, the council can more easily overlook dirt mounds(jumps), than (generally pointless)North shore scaffolding, that is more of an eye saw, and liability. But you know that, don't you smart arse, and know I never bothered to go pull shit down.
You don't need shores to end up with stacks and liabilities, a few baby heads and a drop will do it.:eek:

Seems like when the wankers from the gong have finished down here, they move to the blue mtns. :p

hazza6542

Eats Squid
I met the original builders out there, and I thought it was disrespectful that you'd jeopardise the tramways tracks by building pointless North shore that has been removed their by council before. Quite simply, the council can more easily overlook dirt mounds(jumps), than (generally pointless)North shore scaffolding, that is more of an eye saw, and liability. But you know that, don't you smart arse, and know I never bothered to go pull shit down.
Yeah pretty much, but I like my north shore. It's not pointless, it's fun. What makes it pointless. If it makes someone smile and enjoy themselves, well, I think thats a good thing. Since when did people build north shore because it was pointless? The point of north shore is fun. Fun makes you enjoy life, which is pretty much what it's for. We're not jeopardising the track, we're making it more enjoyable. You can understand where I'm coming from yeah? I'm not having a go at you, just chill man.

No Skid Marks

Your putting your idea of fun onto a pre made track. Your changing a pre made track to suit your desires, and in so doing, you are putting the track at risk, and therefor jeapordising it's use for others. Seems selfish in my mind, go build your own track elsewhere with your not sure on it, see how long it lasts, see how long your bordom lasts with it.
Gee your cricket pitch looks like it'd be a fun rotary hoe track for me, I'm just gonna cut sic and have fun cause that's what life's about.
The boof head mentality, with no respect is what makes this country so F***ed, and why myself and others don't wish to let you and your like minded kind, know where tracks are that have had years of work put into them, so you can't come along, and put your idea of "fun" into them.

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Would it really suck to mention that I didn't build the north shore?
The original track had north shore when it first built too, and your saying you knew the original track builders? Were they ruining the track and putting it at risk of being demolished? I'm not ruining the fun for other people, we're making more fun, I thought thats what I explained?
You seem like your having a bad day? You need to chill out, have a drink, and calm the f**k down.

No Skid Marks

Oh god, do we have to keep talking until we reach an amical understanding? Stop arguing for arguments sake, all my points are clearly made, stop adding trivial crap like "bad day, blah blah". The north shore stuff got pulled down before, gee, what do you think will happen again. I don't care, live n learn, I only bother heading down there once a year or so. I was just sharing what I thought would be obvious in regard to Tramways, you steered this thread derailement on to the tramways(pun optional). Do what ever the hell you want, just please don't post track locations on the net. I'm done, have your last ward, soap box is all yours.

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Yeah I've said the same thing, tracks should only be known by finding them yourselves or being told OFF of the internet. Ok then, we build a new track, with awesome north shore?

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
Yeah I've said the same thing, tracks should only be known by finding them yourselves or being told OFF of the internet. Ok then, we build a new track, with awesome north shore?
Id probly still get whinged at even if i stubbled across this new track at blackheath anyway, so im damned either way.