Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Ivan

Eats Squid
Did they compare efficiency with using fuel cells?
Fuel cells will have a much better efficiency, but they are not competing with fuel cells so they did not compare.

Their potential market would be owners of established, or soon to be built, Gas Turbines that may become stranded assets if carbon is priced or restricted heavily. A retrofit to burn Hydrogen would remove the Carbon issue. Then the only issue becomes the production, storage and transport of Hydrogen.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Fuel cells will have a much better efficiency, but they are not competing with fuel cells so they did not compare.

Their potential market would be owners of established, or soon to be built, Gas Turbines that may become stranded assets if carbon is priced or restricted heavily. A retrofit to burn Hydrogen would remove the Carbon issue. Then the only issue becomes the production, storage and transport of Hydrogen.
Cool. Yeah, I heard GE's turbine business is not in great shape these days... Gas is already on the retreat in the electricity game, AEMO has shown that its not being treated as a transition fuel and when coal drops off the market skips straight to renewable simply on cost.

Opening up domestic gas markets to international prices is an omelette that cant be unscrambled and its largely going to kill of gas generation of electricity with the continuing downward march of renewable electricity cost.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’m really starting to understand how reasonable Americans feel when you mention Trump or their government situation.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Gotta love decoupling emissions from environment so that you can continue to justify having it under the control of a guy who sought to de-list endangered grasslands to the benefit of his family farming operations.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
The new Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources will consolidate the current functions of the Industry department, along with the energy functions from the current Department of the Environment and Energy.

Morrison said this would also include responsibility for emissions reduction, but denied decoupling it from the environment department was an ideological move.

“I have never been a fan of the ideology of it, I am interested in the science of it and the practicality of it and the achievement of the targets the government has set,” he said.

“And so much of that is engaged in how you work with industry, and how you ensure you get energy prices down and how you keep a balance between those policies and our economy.
He’s denied it’s an ideologically based move but it never sat well with him ideologically?

Fuck me. We have stitched ourselves up baaaad.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Two whole pages & no mention of CC:

Fuck you media.

Fuck you Straya.
SMH and The Age have been very clear about their new life as Murdoch 2.0 under Packer ownership. It’s pretty gross.
It really only leaves the Guardian as a source of information on anything like this.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Wrong.

That is fucking excellent.

Bookmarked to repeat over & over again.

Wish I had seen this in the cafe this morning - some couple proud as punch, about to travel to Italy...AGAIN, And again.

Fuck you.