Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I'm not so positive:

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...s-broken-will-a-cleaner-climate-be-the-result

More like:

However, not all experts think the oil industry’s loss is necessarily a gain for green energy and the climate. “If anything it may hold up the share of oil for longer, because it’s cheaper. It could be bad news from a climate point of view,” said Dieter Helm, professor of energy policy at the University of Oxford.

He said securing a green economic recovery from the coronavirus crisis will require deliberate policy measures from governments: “This is where the carbon tax comes in. Now is the moment.”

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
The renewables industry is not perfect, it is just another commercial entity...but fuck me, they are pointing humanity in a better direction.

I've only read the articles on this from yesterday - not seen his movie - but it does seem he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The whole thing is driven by the pro nukes crowd... Horrifically misleading and very damaging messages :(

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Won't be surprised to see expanded uranium export and nuclear development being pushed as the way to get Aus economy back on top post-COVID.
We already have an ex Trump adviser and executive from Dow Chemicals heading the government's industry recovery taskforce. Anything sustainable or progressive is a non starter, and the whole "pandemic recovery" will be used as cover for a lot of right wing arsehattery and handouts.

The environment minister is planning to make "red tape reduction" changes to the EPBC act before the review is even finished.

Forget renewables.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah. Nothing quite like a crisis to give you the opportunity to double down on the shit that got you there in the first place.