Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
It's all here:

Each country has differing requirements based on past & current emissions.

Shows Straya has to act faster than most, to achieve parity based on science.

Which we will ignore.

Lovely weather lately, hey?

Read this if you want to see how cunty we really are:

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
So very fucked. Thank goodness CCS and thorium reactors are only a decade or two away from being commercially viable!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You fucking hippy @Dales Cannon !

Australia really is the land of stupidity, greed, and ignorance. A reputation well earnt!

Something about wa that confuses me...this place is generally a big flat windy sunburnt crust, bragging about how rich the state is from raping the earth's natural resources. So why am I not seeing massive spending on future proofing the energy generation of this place? Why are the roads and roof tops not listed with wind and solar traps? You'd barely even need to clear the land to make it happen!!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The radio just told me China just did a big FU and said no more coal imports. Bad luck Scotty.
I hope that is because they are moving beyond coal?

While this could be very bad for our economy, I guess it is a lesson we need to learn. Time to evolve our systems.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So what you're saying is we are both a really bad country environmentally and at capitalising on our role in destroying the planet?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
More stunning news:

Countries including Australia, Israel and South Africa rank near the top of Swiss Re’s index of risk to biodiversity and ecosystem services, with India, Spain and Belgium also highlighted. Countries with fragile ecosystems and large farming sectors, such as Pakistan and Nigeria, are also flagged up.

Among the G20 leading economies, South Africa and Australia were seen as being most at risk, with China 7th, the US 9th and the UK 16th.
Except no-one is stunned.

Get a ute up ya!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
At least we are good at something. If we ignore these potential issues and stick with what we have always done, we should see jobsandgrowth.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
will be interesting to see the narrative when our population steadies due to covid... oh wait, covid!
As in our population size? I don't think we are going to see a massive wipe out...

Or do you mean around "productivity"?

Either way the fossil thinking fossils have been given plenty of chances to modernise this place and snubbed their noses. China have now forced their hand.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Are you sure it simply isnt China renegotiating their terms and pricing? They have done this for ever in my memory. Same with iron ore, same with aluminium. They have no interest in existing contract terms when it suits them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are you sure it simply isnt China renegotiating their terms and pricing? They have done this for ever in my memory. Same with iron ore, same with aluminium. They have no interest in existing contract terms when it suits them.
China don't do posturing and chest beating..

Freediver

I can go full Karen
OK I guess this is the place to talk about my idea first. I may be missing something really obvious but I figure I'll throw it out there anyway.
I have a way of creating mechanical energy with hydrogen as a byproduct, maybe. 1kWh of electricity produces about 1 litre of H and about 0.5 litres of O2 which are easily separated into 2 streams (together they can expand rapidly and make a loud noise ). The gases could drive a generator by filling bags to drive a chain, the deeper you go the more energy you could produce but with my high school physics I don't think the depths required would be to great to recoup the kWh for what I understand is 10 W of of upward force from floating.
Happy to be proven silly. Equally happy to share an idea.