Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
That one's easy to answer. Because the greedy fuckers with the power and control assume they will be dead before the worst effects are felt, and they couldn't give two shits about their own kids, let alone anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
These are getting less and less funny. I think I need a good size sandpit to bury my head in

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
That's because the shitfuckery of the federal 'government' is no laughing matter.
I also had no idea that the moratorium on fracking had been apparently lifted in Victoria. Farmers need to lock their gates. Don't invite the fracking vampires in, and they can bluster all they like, but they can all GTFO.
Very shitty that CSIRO has been used as a glove puppet by the coal and gas corporations.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
A stark communication from those who know:

Species extinction, more widespread disease, unliveable heat, ecosystem collapse, cities menaced by rising seas—these and other devastating climate impacts are accelerating and bound to become painfully obvious before a child born today turns 30.
Carry on though, business as usual.

Until it can't be.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
This was largely expected. Over the last couple of decades there has been a softly softly approach to the dissemination of projections and climate science in general - don’t spook the horses, gently encourage gradual action lest you be shouted down again as being alarmist…

But really this is a complex system that doesn’t do nice gentles changes. Feedback loops kick in hard and fast and will bite you in the arse before you’ve had time to mutter “transition fuels!”

And the big ice sheets haven’t yet properly started to fall off… This is just a gentle introduction to the shitstorm to come. Buckle up kids!

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
We all have a moral obligation to care about this.

What's happened to our morality?
I, for one, would like to know how I can act on these moral obligations as an individual in a way that will prevent this catastrophe. Still crickets over here...
I think that it is rather telling that we are still arguing in this thread as opposed to posting stuff in this one https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/climate-change-what-can-we-do.315542/
Perhaps if everyone was to become legally bound to fulfil these obligations we may stand a chance, although I still remain pessimistic and fear that it's already too late.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I, for one, would like to know how I can act on these moral obligations as an individual in a way that will prevent this catastrophe. Still crickets over here...

Perhaps if everyone was to become legally bound to fulfil these obligations we may stand a chance, although I still remain pessimistic and fear that it's already too late.
This is why we should have a carbon price and a public execution of Tony Abbott.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Morality encompasses all decisions. Buying a gas-guzzling SUV is a moral decision. Taking an overseas flight is a moral decision. Individually not doing these things won't fix CC, but choosing to do them is a moral decision.

Morality should mean we don't tolerate what's happening now - we champion for better choices, we don't turn our backs on what we know is wrong. But we all do it - we turn our backs every day.