Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nah man...it was technologically advanced humans...bit there was a catechism of some sort and we have been rebuilding since. The authorities know the truth but.keep covering it up. Look at the ancient megalithic structures!!!!!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Nah man...it was technologically advanced humans...bit there was a catechism of some sort and we have been rebuilding since. The authorities know the truth but.keep covering it up. Look at the ancient megalithic structures!!!!!
We don't have any technologically advance humans, at least not around here and I've been keeping my eyes opened.
I'd love to see Yonaguni though and we were seriously thinking about it last year.

Many pyramids across the world and frequently a serpent/dragon thingy gets a mention. The aliens get my vote, they are up to something and we all think it is swamp gas as usual.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
those people working in coal and other fossil fuel industries will simply need to find new jobs.
I can't believe how many selfish stupid cunts there are on here.
Funny that nearly everyone here, apart from SA, TAS and NT members rely on a black coal burning power plant to generate the power to run your computer to post on this forum, charge your phone, recharge your 'green' electric car, power your TV, keep the lights on and keep your fridge cold... unless you are 'off grid' then the pollution to make your batteries and panels was done in China... so not counted as pollution.

Alright to shout about coal industries, try turning your main power switch off if you want to make the difference.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Sorry Ozzy if you thought that was specifically directed at you. I live in Vic which is worse, we burn brown coal. Nobody is saying we can't make anymore CO2 it's making excessive CO2 that is the issue. Put simply we all need to consume less and reduce our footprints. Our Australian lifestyle leaves us with a bigger footprint than nearly everybody else in the world and we need to stop being selfish and make changes.
One thing that I can boast about is that my footprint is beyond non existent. I mop up other peoples CO2.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yep - and it needs to change:

http://www.nem-watch.info/widgets/reneweconomy/

It would with a fee & dividend price on carbon. We can campaign & vote for it if we want to.

BTW Freediver - we need to move to a zero CO2 energy model soon. Zero. We have no budget left.

But only if we feel the need to have a chance to limit the planet to a 2C temp rise.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Dunno what the guy with the jackhammer plans to do either - but I bet it will hurt.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Jackhammer dudes got a fucked back, hes cooked too.

New era tradie, no more pies and V for brekky, just 70hr weeks and no penalty rates

ozzybmx

Sorry Ozzy if you thought that was specifically directed at you.
No, not at all... just generalising a couple of comments to make a point. Aus cannot do without the big coal power plants to make base power, wind and solar is big, but the wind does not always blow and at night, there's no sun. This country mines the highest quality uranium and sell's it off shore... also MAY be taking nuclear waste from the countries it sells the uranium to, that's debatable. A nuclear power station or several will be the clean way out, no coal, no gas, completely clean apart from potential risk and storage of the spent rods.

BTW I am a Unit Controller in a gas fired power station. The Homer Simpson job, press buttons and eat doughnuts.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Stuff nuclear... I don’t trust people, politics, engineers or ‘fail safe’ systems.

Pumped hydro and molten salt, can easily power Aus... day and night.

ozzybmx

Stuff nuclear... I don’t trust people, politics, engineers or ‘fail safe’ systems
Politics is the key word here, it will be a public decision to get a Nuclear Power Plant here but currently the elected politicians have made the decision to take the waste from China's Nuclear Power plants here in Australia. We are storing the spent rods from countries we sold the uranium to, they are producing clean power then getting rid of the waste to us.
2 or 3 Nuclear power plants here, depending on size could solve this country's power issue, each one takes about 10 years to build, all we need to do is wake up and stop using coal, gas and other fossil fuels.
We could have 3 main power plants, wind and solar on domestic housing, a stable grid on the eastern states with no coal or gas.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
rely on a black coal burning powerplant to generate the power
Indeed we do. We aren't investing in new technology or methods or ideas at a high enough rate to phase out the coal...but we should be. The return on investment already made block the way.

I have massive solar power envy over one of my new neighbours. He has enough panels to power the street!!'

Flow-Rider

Burner
They can actually heat turbine water with thermal chemical reaction, CSRIO has experimented with sea weed but I'm not sure how viable it is. You don't want large atomic reactors in a country like this and uranium isn't as safe as they make it out to be.

Politics is the key word here, it will be a public decision to get a Nuclear Power Plant here but currently the elected politicians have made the decision to take the waste from China's Nuclear Power plants here in Australia. We are storing the spent rods from countries we sold the uranium to, they are producing clean power then getting rid of the waste to us.
2 or 3 Nuclear power plants here, depending on size could solve this country's power issue, each one takes about 10 years to build, all we need to do is wake up and stop using coal, gas and other fossil fuels.
We could have 3 main power plants, wind and solar on domestic housing, a stable grid on the eastern states with no coal or gas.
You'll just kill the people that work around it with a slow death, I actually worked in a uranium mine for a short period and old machinery gets thrown into a deep hole and never to see light of day again because of dust in it is so radio active.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Better in the deep hole than a dirty bomb. There is a you tube channel where a Russian is reporting trips to Chernobyl and radiation measurements. Or is there...? Could be part of the fake news agenda.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Better in the deep hole than a dirty bomb. There is a you tube channel where a Russian is reporting trips to Chernobyl and radiation measurements. Or is there...? Could be part of the fake news agenda.
The way it was explained to me is that it's pretty similar to smoking, in small dosages your chances of becoming ill are very low to nill but everyone's body reacts different to it.

People that worked near the stock pile or digging it up needed to wear a device around their neck that beeped when your body absorbed dangerous levels of radiation. If it beeped you had to remove yourself from site and monitored by a doctor until you came back to a safe level. Any private vehicle that left the gates needed to be tested prior with a geiger counter and needed to be under a certain reading to leave. No work clothes or boots were to be taken home and washed.

It's really safe they tell you :( and this was a low grade ore.