Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Calvin27

Eats Squid
This is why being mid 30s sucks, still enough time left for an uncomfortable second half of life...
Didn't profit from housing boom, still owns a house with huge mortgage. Didn't get to enjoy a v8 guzzler, still pays the price for climate change. Yeah mid 30s suck.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Most people 70 + cant handle the idea of cc . A lot dont care for the above reason= they will be dead .
Spoke to a reasonably intelligent bloke this morning, who , when we mentioned someone in Yack. had bought an electric car, flipped out saying they are stupid.
I think most of that generation were brought up on a diet of jobs and growth is good, a bit like the LNP .

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
we don't even own a house yet :(
We are in our mid forties just now getting into the idea of property ownership. Just went through our super last week too - I think we will be able to retire some time in our mid 80s.

Our 20 and 30s were all low paid insecure work with high rents and student debts. I dont even like smashed avocado...

Our main crime has been to be born to poor families, and to work in the environmental sector. Clearly God loves those that fuck up the environment more than those trying to stop it beign fucked up.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
@Haakon yeah, not getting anything from parents either - it puts you right behind, unfortunately.

@Ultra Lord true, but also just gotta find the right landlords - our new landlord is even letting us install a dog door.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
@Haakon yeah, not getting anything from parents either - it puts you right behind, unfortunately.

@Ultra Lord true, but also just gotta find the right landlords - our new landlord is even letting us install a dog door.
Mine had always been arseholes. Without fail.

My last one made us wait 3 weeks without hot water at $900 a week rent. Thats when I put my foot down and worked stupid long hours and broke my back to get enough money for a deposit.

Last edited:

wavike

Likes Dirt
Most people 70 + cant handle the idea of cc . A lot dont care for the above reason= they will be dead .
Spoke to a reasonably intelligent bloke this morning, who , when we mentioned someone in Yack. had bought an electric car, flipped out saying they are stupid.
I think most of that generation were brought up on a diet of jobs and growth is good, a bit like the LNP .
I'm figgering a lot of 70+ grew up and owned a small house & one car family they kept for 15-20yrs. Kids walked to school and went to the closest beach for holidays. Current 40-50's I know and see about - big house with air-con, drop kids to school in the mums Prado, holiday's flying to Bali/anywhere, diet of disposable everything. Using less may help CC, electric car probably won't unless they are very resource minimal to create and dispose/recycle.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Ours didn't - so the original back door is in the shed and I got another one from the Green Shed, installed that and cut a hole in it.
Your missus wont let you use the front door?

Surely the kids of the fossils are talking CC? Even if I was a denier my kids would jump on me about it.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
You wouldn't want to open your eyes and see his O face face either. She has made a wise choice.

Blame whoever you want, some people saved up and brought a house/s, others didn't...
Don’t be a dick mr investment portfolio. You know it’s rarely as simple as that.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Don’t be a dick mr investment portfolio. You know it’s rarely as simple as that.
It is though. If you have a job and want to buy a house (not everyone wants to buy a house and often there is plenty of justification to not buy one) then you can make it happen, it might just take some sacrifices and hard work. Don't let the media tell you otherwise.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Gotta say I see lots of baby boomers with a sense of entitlement ie I am too fat but treat my diabetes , high blood pressure and I need a joint replacement but I cant afford private insurance= I need money for my new caravan ,so want to go public .
Why cant I have the hip replacement done next week?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Gotta say I see lots of baby boomers with a sense of entitlement ie I am too fat but treat my diabetes , high blood pressure and I need a joint replacement but I cant afford private insurance= I need money for my new caravan ,so want to go public .
Why cant I have the hip replacement done next week?
No, you must be confused with millennials.