Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Surely Jones will be shown the door sooner or later - you’d need a team of lawyers ready every time he opens his mouth.

Anyway, cat amongst the pidgeons - but Scott Morrison is the great hope for action on climate change. - he actually has real power within the party after winning that election, whereas MT was always on shaky ground. Like it or not, if the ALP takes action, then they would need to stay in power for at least 2 probbaly 3 terms to cement in any policies, whereas an LNP CC policy hopefully would be bipartisan and therefore survive change of govt

I live in hope.....
You do remember the prop Morrison took to work?
You could not be more wrong.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I said the hope - he is leader because he kept his feelings under his hat.

I would have thought it was stating the bleeding obvious that we have to work towards bipartisanship - TA effectively prevented anything happening both as PM and from the bench. He is gone now.

We are far better off changing course now than merely hoping that the ALP can somehow win an election in 3 years with albo.

Oh, the coal was a point scoring agenda - just like the usual shit that goes on that place, and the way forward is by bringing I’ll educated with you, not prancing around in your op shop waistcoats drinking craft beer in a Melbourne bar......

;D

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Or using science to shape meaningful policy.

Let's keep debating the issue. That'll sort it out.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-can-pick-our-fruit-australias-deputy-pm-says

McCormack, who has been the acting prime minister while Scott Morrison attended the forum in low-lying Tuvalu, attended a business function in Wagga Wagga on Friday.

“I also get a little bit annoyed when we have people in those sorts of countries pointing the finger at Australia and say we should be shutting down all our resources sector so that, you know, they will continue to survive,” he said.

“They will continue to survive, there’s no question they’ll continue to survive and they’ll continue to survive on large aid assistance from Australia.

“They’ll continue to survive because many of their workers come here and pick our fruit, pick our fruit grown with hard Australian enterprise and endeavour and we welcome them and we always will.

“But the fact is we’re not going to be hijacked into doing something that will shut down an industry that provides tens of thousands of jobs, that provides two-thirds of our energy needs ... and I’m only talking coal, let alone all of our other resources.”
Straya, the cuntry of the south Pacific.

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I think that's more to do with increased tidal flow from dredging than rising sea levels.
Got some data to back that up? Keen to know more.

This is what I have read (rough summary):

Sea level has risen at different rates on different parts of the planet.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Got some data to back that up? Keen to know more.

This is what I have read (rough summary):

Sea level has risen at different rates on different parts of the planet.
Port Phillip Bay had a massive dredging job done about 10 years ago to allow the new generation of big freighters to get it. It messed with currents in the bay... A lot of beaches down along there have been artificially maintained forever anyway, so I suspect this might be one that’s just too hard now.