Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Jpez

Down on the left!
Pity it's true.

I know hardly any older peeps who aren't jetting about the planet at least once a year. And actively ignoring CC.

This is not a debate, there's nothing to debate. Only science & shit.
Australian only go to Bali anyway so it’s no big deal. Bali is a great country.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
This s why I think you can't solve the climate problem with the population simply doing 'behavior change'. #teamthanos

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Well it's been Reduce, Reuse and Recycle for a long time now. Unfortunately it's in that order of priority that it needs to be done, and it hasn't been the case.
When we do recycle, it's really just ship it off to a third world country with dubious "processing". There is more cheap throwaway products than ever without a plan for end of life. I think the only way we can fix the whole waste thing is to mandate that the whole manufacturing industry (products and packaging) design products that are easy to recycle at end of life.
Unfortunately I don't think there is the political and community will to do this due to the short term pain this would cause.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
How many DSL modem/routers are sitting in cupboards now that NBN is rolled out? Just occured to me when I was on the phone to ISP and they said its a pretty common theme - we all have obsolete routers that need to be recycled...

Just in all areas of electronics - constant pressure to upgrade means so many things ending up as waste.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
A mate sent me this:

Got chickens in the backyard. Must care about climate change & the environment then.

How building shit like that is still legal is beyond me...
At least the cashed up bogans will follow the mantra "jobs and growth".

Half the community will be employed trying to keep that abomination clean.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Anyone else noticed the quasi periodic table ish elements in the Rio Tinto ad? C is for diamond apparently. No doubt the market / ad / spin doctors dont want to mention the C word. Weak as piss.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Anyone else noticed the quasi periodic table ish elements in the Rio Tinto ad? C is for diamond apparently. No doubt the market / ad / spin doctors dont want to mention the C word. Weak as piss.
Not seen the ad but it does make you wonder why the spinners behind it didn't go with the carbon capture angle?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
so that's what Salim Mehajer did with all the cash?..good on him
that will cut down waiting times at Wet and Wild
Probably a large chunk is spent on botox and lip fillers so his lovely ladies can all look Kardashian-esque.

Beauty is an expensive mistress apparently