Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Haakon

Keeps on digging
And read this:

International emissions accounting like any multilateral negotiation can be fraught and complex. Nature of the beast when you’ve got so many competing priorities.

Not necessarily dodgy - just bloody complicated.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the ultimate accuracy of estimates is not always as important as a everyone’s estimates being done in accordance with a common set of rules - the trends and being able to compare trends is key in tracking changes in emissions.
It’s all becoming a dodgy accounting exercise.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Bullshit.

Did you actually read the entire article?

Look what the fuckwit Brazilians are up to!

And Straya are in the fuckwit pile too, by the way.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Bullshit.

Did you actually read the entire article?

Look what the fuckwit Brazilians are up to!

And Straya are in the fuckwit pile too, by the way.
Well yes, the whole carryover thing is more political than technical. We still know what the emissions are, but as you say some countries are indeed pretty adept at "interpreting" what that means for targets and actual action...

Brazil will wipe out many gains elsewhere with letting the bulldozers and fires loose on the Amazon (after rounding up and exterminating those pesky indigenous peeps of course). That country is screwed... Shame, looked like a nice bit of forest.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Anyone else noticed the quasi periodic table ish elements in the Rio Tinto ad? C is for diamond apparently. No doubt the market / ad / spin doctors dont want to mention the C word. Weak as piss.
You're reading it wrong man. Diamonds are the highest evolution of carbon. We just need to make more diamonds.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I work with an environmental science student. He is he'll bent on reducing our waste and getting the recycling right...oh and really excited about the job opportunities in the coal mine rehabilitation sector of our local industry. Did you know that in a lot of instances they are leaving the old sites in better condition than they were before mining began in the area?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I work with an environmental science student. He is he'll bent on reducing our waste and getting the recycling right...oh and really excited about the job opportunities in the coal mine rehabilitation sector of our local industry. Did you know that in a lot of instances they are leaving the old sites in better condition than they were before mining began in the area?
Did lol

Although one of the tracks in Perth (Langford Park at Jarrahdale) is located at a former bauxite mine site that was rehabilitated. When I first raced it ~25 years ago there were sections where the tree canopy was below the riders eye line. Now it's hard to tell that it is a rehabilitated area.

Not saying the mining hasn't had an environmental impact, but the rehab job on it looks pretty successful to me, and we've all benefited over the journey from Alcoa taking the bauxite out and making some shiny mtbs possible.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Did lol

Although one of the tracks in Perth (Langford Park at Jarrahdale) is located at a former bauxite mine site that was rehabilitated. When I first raced it ~25 years ago there were sections where the tree canopy was below the riders eye line. Now it's hard to tell that it is a rehabilitated area.

Not saying the mining hasn't had an environmental impact, but the rehab job on it looks pretty successful to me, and we've all benefited over the journey from Alcoa taking the bauxite out and making some shiny mtbs possible.

But imagine if that rehabilitation was never needed and the resources put into other areas of environmental reform?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
tell ya mate to tell his mates that this is what needs to happen to old mine sites......please!
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...huge-bike-park-opens-in-former-limestone-mine