Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
so wildfires are a new thing are they, and can solely be attributed to climate change and PG&E poles and wires!
America is fucked, and has a culture that there always must be someone accountable for the result..PG&E are isolating parts of their network to avoid this

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Drier fuel in hotter conditions (climate change) burns faster yeah? Badly maintained electricity networks are both part of the cause (allowing consumption of energy, exacerbating climate change) and in this case a direct trigger for the fires.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Looks like food-chain collapse in the Northern Hemisphere is more behind that one that us for once. Wonder how much the fish farms are having an impact on these ecosystems...?

This is from Alaska, where fish farms are relatively restrained:

"Alaskan “farmed” salmon now outweigh “wild” by 2.5 to 1, and the blended commercial haul together makes up 14 percent of world-wild salmon supply"

"In reality, however, much Alaskan wild salmon is in fact raised in nurseries before being released into rivers and the Northern Pacific. "

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
If by that you mean those immediately around us, or our own individual actions?

I've done too much plane travel & too much car travel to exempt my own actions from this disaster in the making.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
If by that you mean those immediately around us, or our own individual actions?

I've done too much plane travel & too much car travel to exempt my own actions from this disaster in the making.
I mean our illustrious leaders, both corporate and political. All of them proponents of the Gordon Gecko philosophy...