Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Scotty T

Walks the walk
No way you were worried 20 years ago, @Haakon.
I bought my first compact flouro in 1994. It lasted 15 years. Don't be so sure man. This has been on my mind since 1988. When I became an adult in 1990, it affected my choices since I bought my first car. I grew up in Blacktown, i never owned other than a 4 cylinder car. In the last 20 years since our child was born, I've thought about it more. My partner and I thought 20 years ago whether we'd bring the child into the world based on the effect on the planet. We did, but a big reason we didn't have another was just that.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Knowledge is one thing, worry is another.

Few were actually worried 20 years ago. There was an air of optimism, we can fix this.

This optimism still exists today, even though this:

This place is fucking mad.
Well I’m glad you have such insight into a 20yo me... I’ve never had any optimism humanity will do anything other than fuck itself over out of greed and stupidity.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Murdoch just blurts out what (some) of the population wants to hear.

Because the same (some) of the population wants their opinions handed to them on a platter, they don't want to do independent research.

Their entire lives are TL;DR.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Murdoch just blurts out what (some) of the population wants to hear.

Because the same (some) of the population wants their opinions handed to them on a platter, they don't want to do independent research.

Their entire lives are TL;DR.
Assuming they can read...

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
murdoch right wing nut jobs are everywhere , I honestly don't think they believe everything they say ,often come from a blokey conservative background , have no imagination , they are types with no moral compass and they just see it as a paying job.
There are many donations and the right wing elements are funded by mining , fossil fuel , wealthy tax dodging capitalists and are a threat to democracy , a bit like Clive Palmer who threw the most money at the last election.ie more than ALP + LNP.
Unfortunately Australia is one country really badly affected by climate change and yet we can't do anything because we have too many resources that people like these ,want to continue to exploit to the bitter end.
Sure we are theoretically only 2% of emissions , though suspect that the oil and gas we export is more but OECD countries need to lead.

Last edited: