Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Haakon

Keeps on digging
nah mate, you fill your boots!
there is no way i'm charging my car A/C with a special blend of lighter fluid and BBQ gas if it isn't designed for it!
Its not not designed for it ;) I've done it a few times with success. Especially on old R12 cars that were useless on R134a, worked super well and went well long term. Did one literally out of a BBQ bottle - it was an old car and we were not sure if the Sanden compressor rebuild I'd done would hold. But the seals held and it had arctic AC for a couple of years until the car was retired.

Butane/propane doesnt care what the oil or seals are either. I'll let you know how it goes :)

r134a is a pretty terrible refrigerant...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
not flammable either, which is why it has been used in industry for so long.
most manufacturers are going to R1234yf because of the lower flammability than either R600 and R290 (Hychill)
Although (he says donning his tin foil hat) you could argue R1234yf is being preferred due to it being a patented compound and the hydrocarbon are not and therefore they'll make more money with the proprietary one ;)

Meh, its a couple of hundred grams, id be more worried about the 60litres of 95 octane under the back seat.

slowmick

38-39"
Although (he says donning his tin foil hat) you could argue R1234yf is being preferred due to it being a patented compound and the hydrocarbon are not and therefore they'll make more money with the proprietary one ;)

Meh, its a couple of hundred grams, id be more worried about the 60litres of 95 octane under the back seat.
Just make sure it is clearly labelled so that if you go under a bus the next person working on it doesn't end up next to you in the cemetery after thinking it was full of R134a...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Just make sure it is clearly labelled so that if you go under a bus the next person working on it doesn't end up next to you in the cemetery after thinking it was full of R134a...
Yes, the bottle comes with the sticker to place near the valve.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Renewables currently account for 40 per cent of Germany's energy generation but there are plans to increase that to 65 per cent by the end of the decade. To meet its Paris targets, the country must do more.
Why do they always forget the word "electricity" in these sentences???