Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think you're all taking a negative position on this stuff. We have a lot of coal and gas in the ground, we have a lot of money tied up in extracting that stuff, and we have a lot of money tied up in converting it to energy. Why would we just throw that opportunity out the window? So wasteful. I thought you green pink hippies wanted less waste?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I think you're all taking a negative position on this stuff. We have a lot of coal and gas in the ground, we have a lot of money tied up in extracting that stuff, and we have a lot of money tied up in converting it to energy. Why would we just throw that opportunity out the window? So wasteful. I thought you green pink hippies wanted less waste?
You've been hanging out with Gina too much...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
More obvious, more to be ignored:

Australia’s banking and insurance regulator has estimated the country should be spending about $3.5bn a year to limit damage from climate-related natural disasters, warning the cost of responding to them after the fact is likely to be 11 times greater.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
This is quite significant - the IEA has historically been quite "conservative" and relatively bullish on fossils. The IEA forecasts for coal demand is often quoted in support of xyz policy supporting the coal industry.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So it's time to buy or sell shares in coal mining? I'm not trying to catch the knife here, but I'd like to get filthy rich from destroying the planet! I don want to pivot my investments until I have milked all that I can from the earth.