Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Fair call. I had a wasted youth and no real job until 11 years ago - you ave done well.
It's all good for people to have over $3m in super. Polling suggests the majority agree with the tax. Anyway if people you know have no idea about this because of the crappy media reporting here's a good video:

I'm certainly not needing it now, I'm too environmentally concerned to desire wasteful mass-consumerism.
Are you in any of the "ethical" super funds?

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's all good for people to have over $3m in super. Polling suggests the majority agree with the tax. Anyway if people you know have no idea about this because of the crappy media reporting here's a good video:

Are you in any of the "ethical" super funds?
Most people with high amounts in super have done it to dodge paying tax, they should be taxed extra, same with chunts that renovate the family home solely to profiteer from, it's only 20% of Australians that own investment homes.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Everything is a scam, home solar doubly so.

Opinions on this website please

Used it a few years ago. Got three people who replied. One did an off-site quote, one turned up and spun a load of salesman bullshit, the third was a decent fella who provided several options and actually asked us about usage and future proofing. Guess who got the job.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
TL/DR Solarquotes is handy as a first-pass filter of companies to avoid having to just cold call a massive list off Google.
He's a good mate of mine and will tell you, if you want cheap solar, go ahead and get cheap solar. He vets every installer on his books and reviews them regularly. Takes feedback from customers who use his referred installers and keeps a good eye on the equipment being installed and the quality of installations.

Definitely a great place to start for a mid level up solar installation. Also great source of information on batteries, EV charging etc...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
No, just REST's indexed options. My non-super investments are "ethical" ETFs (no oil, arms, nor vice) but I wish there was ones that exclude more things like Nestlé and big tech.
Why not just go for a financial or infrastructure etf?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Why not just go for a financial or infrastructure etf?
I work for a bank so I don't need to up my exposure to financial institutions. If I went by industry I'd need general retail and other consumer goods too. I'm OK with my current choices, just think they're missing some lower hanging fruit. Unfortunately there's a lot of companies engaging in heinous shit.

Haakon

Keeps on digging

dazz

Downhill Dazz

:(
Relax, the environment will fix itself.
Global temps rise, good large chunk of humanity dies out as a result, environment recovers. Boom, done. Nothing lasts for ever, just ask the dinosaurs.
I reckon it'll only take a couple centuries, maybe less, maybe a few millennia. ;)

The dinos didn't have the intellectual/industrial capabilities to do anything about it. The sad bit is that we do, but it's looking likely that we're attempting to go about it in a really half assed way due to the completely self imposed limitations of ethics and politics.

If we could somehow get out of our own way and adjust the ethical and political dials then avoiding climate disaster would be much simpler and effective (not easier though, as I think what I'm saying is that we need to change parts of what makes us human by somehow altering our instincts).

Or... sit back, enjoy the ride while it lasts and wait for nature (global ecosystem) to run it's course, cut us down and rebuild itself.

I hope we find our own way, as while natures way is effective, it is also cruel and brutal.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Okay, so I've yet to watch the video, but I thought the worldwide cooperation to ban CFCs was actually one of the better examples of environmental protection we've seen. Hard to see that kind of consensus happening now. Also bringing in bans of leaded petrol that decade etc.

Anyway, probs should watch it first...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Okay, so I've yet to watch the video, but I thought the worldwide cooperation to ban CFCs was actually one of the better examples of environmental protection we've seen. Hard to see that kind of consensus happening now. Also bringing in bans of leaded petrol that decade etc.

Anyway, probs should watch it first...
The CFC ban worked because the corporations found there was profit in it. For CC, they decided there was profit in denial. Simple as that.