Playstation 3 Thread

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Happened to my old PS3. It is the laser in the disk drive and it burns its self out.

I rang Sony and they said it costs $250 to fix including postage and they give a 3 month warranty on the parts. This was too expensive in my eyes so thought I could source an aftermarket one, but that apparently is risky business as well because the lasers are very very delicate... even too much force applied holding them can ruin them.

I just bought a new PS3 in short, but yeh you can get it fixed for a price.
That happened to me too, I got mine sent off and got it replaced with the test models of the 120GB's. No troubles with it since (about 2 years).

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
bit of a question for you all...
My ps3 has recently decided to stop reading any disk that i put in it. The game will not even show up in the section where the little picture thingy shows up that it has registered that the game is actually in. Initially it would show up but wouldn't let me play the game. It now won't show up at all.
Has anyone else had this problem? is it fixable , or not really worth it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sometimes the firmware sh!ts itself and wont read disks.
Try and reformat and it might work again.
Don't forget to put all your save files on a USB so you don't lose them.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Even though I'm not buying the game I still find this amusing:
Gran Turismo 5 has been delayed again!

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1127739p1.html
Hahahahahaha!

It's turning into 'Chinese Democracy' Let's just hope it's a damn sight better!

As much as I want to play GT5, I'm actually glad for the delay. I don't get back from Bali till the end of the month, I've still got an F1 career to maintain, Fallout New Vegas is due soon and I'll probably have to find work at some point so I really don't have the time!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yeah, Fallout New Vegas is next week y'all. No other game (except for F1 2010) will get as much attention as that beast. Medal of honor, Black Ops.....whatever. They suck compared to Fallout.:p
Ty: Don't worry too much. After you've gotten sick of GT for a week you'll want to get Fallout and play a man's game.;)

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Atleast it gives me more time to save for a PS3 lol. But seriously.... It was announced to be released in 2008 wasn't it? It will be released in 2010 i hope but if its not until 2011 it's got to be one of the biggest delays in the history of games!!

I dislike fallout very much. Don't know why, all the facts point to a great game but no.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picked up a PS3 today. My mate gave me a sweet discount at Harvey norman and they were having a sale... Win.

PSNID: Steve--o_O (thats capital O and lower case o)

I've only got GT5:p and Move starter kit. I love Move! lol so fun and very precise! Will get GT5 and Call of duty when they come out so add us on PSN and qoute your Rotorburn name.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've added some people from here, keen for some online competition!

What does everyone play on PS3? I've got GT5:p and Killzone 2, not a huge fan. It's pretty and really well made but i just can't aim for shit in it... Not sure if its the game or PS3 control but its definatly not as easy as CoD... I also copied a save file for GT5:p so i've just been smashing time trials.

Have a few exams tomorrow so I'm keen to pick up a good title to play this weekend.. What's good? Anyone keen to setup a few online games?

Also on my wheel dilema, it turns out theres like zero logitech (or M$) wheels anywhere in Brisbane, Few people told me that they only stock them when a popular racing game is being released? strange. Anyway I'll go a DF:GT if i can find one for $150 if not, i'll be going a G27 for $395 @ Umart.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
I've added some people from here, keen for some online competition!

What does everyone play on PS3? I've got GT5:p and Killzone 2, not a huge fan. It's pretty and really well made but i just can't aim for shit in it... Not sure if its the game or PS3 control but its definatly not as easy as CoD... I also copied a save file for GT5:p so i've just been smashing time trials.

Have a few exams tomorrow so I'm keen to pick up a good title to play this weekend.. What's good? Anyone keen to setup a few online games?
What kind of games are you into?
Depending on what you're into, I'll make a few suggestions.

MX Vs. ATV, Reflex or Untamed, both are great, but for a party game or a game that's simple for friends to pick up when they come over, I'd go Untamed. Could pick a copy up for $30-50 with ease.
GTA IV, graphics are awesome, story line is sweet, and a great game to muck around on. Once again, could pick a copy up real cheap now.
Skate series, 1,2 or 3. 1 is personally my favourite, two is very close behind, simply because you cna get off your board which adds some realism to it. 3 is garbage IMO, so boring to play! No story to it, just skating which gets realllllly boring very quick. Yet again, could pick Skate 1 up for a crazy cheap deal!
God Of War 3, awesome RPG (role playing game), graphics are mint, and the storyline is ace.

Can't think of much else at the moment.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Primarily into racing sims and FPS but i get bored and mix it up. I've played/finished those games mentioned and there definitely good suggestions but i probably should of added I'm after PS3 exclusive titles. Mybad.

GoW looks pretty good. Is it an RPG though? I always thought it was more action. I might have a look into it. Games seem to be alot cheaper on PS3.

I've got the funds for a wheel but it looks like theres zero availability for any logitech wheel. Even second hand. Anyone seen any?

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Hah yeah what are you smoking Ty? Been playing through the rest of Red Dead Redemption, man it's an awesome game and I reckon a must buy for any PS3 gamer!

Gotta get some serious posse's going on for Black Ops just like we did with MW2!

scuba05

Likes Dirt
2nd that. Awesome game. Resident Evil 5 is good fun and if you like sport games Fifa '10 is a MUST own
You mean FIFA 11.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is another mad game. Just be prepared for cut-scenes.
Mafia 2 doesnt go too bad either.
Cod....obviously

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Wut?
How is GOW 3 an RPG?

Check out uncharted 2 steve-o.
Sorry, getting my shit mixed up with another game.
Never the less, great game!

Hah yeah what are you smoking Ty? Been playing through the rest of Red Dead Redemption, man it's an awesome game and I reckon a must buy for any PS3 gamer!

Gotta get some serious posse's going on for Black Ops just like we did with MW2!
I finished that bad boy ages ago, Kurt! Those massive bounties we accumalated at El Presidio...

Yes that's a MUST do, far out that was an absolute crack up! Maybe we could even plan an MW2 game for this Saturday night, anyone interested, 7PM NSW time?