Playstation 3 Thread

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So holidays, any recommendations? Be it bargain bin or brand new. Besides FPS anyways.
I can't rate Skyrim enough. It is an astounding game. I've put 120 hours into it and do not want to play anything else for more than an hour before putting Skyrim back on.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
I can't rate Skyrim enough. It is an astounding game. I've put 120 hours into it and do not want to play anything else for more than an hour before putting Skyrim back on.
I second this, that game is amazing. I stopped playing it purely because I finished most of the main stories and couldn't believe the time I was spending on that game.

Borrowed MX vs ATV Alive, GT5, and LA Noire from a mate of mine as he's gone overseas and I am on holidays. Keen to get back in to some gaming. Still haven't finished Read Dead Redemption, either.

Toff

Likes Dirt
Yeh mate, pretty straight forward. As soon as you put the HDD in the sony will format it itself. The only downside is that because the HDD shat itself, you have lost everything!!!
So I managed to source another HDD and plug it in. Turned out I had to put the latest update onto a flash drive and plug that into the PS3, and from there it was supposed to copy the files to the HDD then install itself.

Well it transferred fine, but when it tries to install the update it gets to 99% and then just stops. Any ideas? Anyone?

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I second this, that game is amazing. I stopped playing it purely because I finished most of the main stories and couldn't believe the time I was spending on that game.

Borrowed MX vs ATV Alive, GT5, and LA Noire from a mate of mine as he's gone overseas and I am on holidays. Keen to get back in to some gaming. Still haven't finished Read Dead Redemption, either.
Ah I've already got GT5 and skyrim. Anything come out recently? I've been out of games since about march due to Uni.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Ah I've already got GT5 and skyrim. Anything come out recently? I've been out of games since about march due to Uni.
Couldn't tell you, man. I usually only buy games that have been out for a while and have consequently proved to be really great. That said, I'll be on GTAV the day it comes out.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Help a brother out.

So my sibling has a ps3 I have been using on and off. Now due to me been lazy I just used whatever user which has resulted in me having saved files on 3 user accounts on the PS3.

None of the accounts are linking to the PSN network.

I have just brought my ps3 and am in the obvious dilemma of getting my saved files from protected games and trophies.

I need a PSN network to copy trophies and saved files but here are my questions.

1. Is the PSN linked to the account on the ps3 ie can I use on PSN but copy my data from 3 different users on the same machine?
2. when I copy my saved files and trophies can I use them on my new ps3 under a new user name.

Basically I need to get data from 3 accounts and consolidate them/copy them into one new account on my machine. Is this possible with PSN?

I don't really want 3 users on my machine who never use it with scattered data of games and 3 different PSN accounts.
Trophies are less of a concern its more the hundreds of hours of game play I don't want to loose.

Oh an yes the games are copy protected , F1, skyrim, FFxii etc.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Finally got my ps3 connected to a proper, HD TV with an HDMI cable. So much better. Going to buy Oblivion and pre-order Arkham City: GOTY edition sometime in the next couple of weeks, I reckon.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'd love the next Alien game to be awesome, I'm really hoping it is because Alien vs Predator was horrible and put me right off it.

I'm currently replaying Fallout 3 after 100% the trophies on Skyrim. The DLC for Skyrim will hit PS3 in February so I'll get back onto it as soon as it appears! Bless you Bethesda!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
It's all been Hitman: Absolution and FarCry 3 round these parts. Both games are absolutely brilliant and will definitely tide me over until Aliens: Colonial Marines comes out.

One thing bugs me about Aliens:CM though. They say it's going to be set in Hadley's Hope just after the events of Aliens. Now I don't know exactly how big Nebraska is but i've looked on a map and it looks pretty bloody large. So how come if the whole complex was going to be reduced to a dustcloud the size of the aforementioned state are all the buildings intact and swarming with aliens?

Secondly where have all the aliens come from? Ripley and co. managed to hose through a f***ing shiteload of them whilst they were in town and seeing as there were supposed to be around 60 or 70 families on LV-426 that would mean that there would have to be a maximum of maybe 200-300 Aliens (unless we're talking Catholic or Mormon families then we could maybe quadruple that figure.)

Just doesn't seem right...

rotorub

Likes Dirt
I agree the CM game story doesnt make sense. In aliens, in the movie they Nuked "... the entire site from orbit.... its the only way to be sure...."

As ripleyexplained!

Despite the story mystery is should be a good game!

[video=youtube;aCbfMkh940Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q[/video]

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
I agree the CM game story doesnt make sense. In aliens, in the movie they Nuked "... the entire site from orbit.... its the only way to be sure...."

As ripleyexplained!

Despite the story mystery is should be a good game!

[video=youtube;aCbfMkh940Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q[/video]
It's good to see there is other Alien freaks out there! One of my favourite movies EVER! Pretty sure a mate and i wrote the entire script of the movie down at high school. Not sure why....nerds perhaps? ".....we've got sonic electronic ball breakers!..we've got nukes, we've knives..sharp sticks...."

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I'd love the next Alien game to be awesome, I'm really hoping it is because Alien vs Predator was horrible and put me right off it.
Was looking forward to buying it first thing on Tuesday but my suspicions were raised by the review embargo. Turns out the first review I saw on Tuesday night had the headline "And you thought Prometheus was disappointing!"

F***

Apparently it's terrible: Duke Nukem Forever terrible (coincidentally also by Gearbox). Awful graphics, glitchy as all hell, idiotic AI, ridiculously easy - just another bug hunt, as it were.

I'm gutted as all I have ever wanted in life was to play a decent game of the greatest movie ever made and so far the only one that has ever come close was the UK version of Aliens on the ZX Spectrum...

[video=youtube;H-9wfWzBzY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-9wfWzBzY0[/video]

trust me, it was scary at the time!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm hearing ya. I've read two reviews and watched Good Game's review and yep, it looks horrible. Just like the last handful of Alien games, it's a blemish on the franchise. Shame, the old Playstation Alien game was so good.
Skyrim DLC this week........................DROOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rotorub

Likes Dirt
And on that note; I refer to private Hudsons feelings after finding out initial reveiws of the game were poor:

[video=youtube;dsx2vdn7gpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY[/video]

loved the you tube clip old skool! phoor awesome graphics!

Thanks for the heads up! I don't currently have the console required to play this game at the moment. Saddly I have PS2 and a normal Wii.
So I would also need to invest in a console as well as the normal $80.00 or so for the game.

I Not a huge gamer as such, But I got really excited by this game as aliens is my favorite moovie of all time. and was seriously thinking about buying PS3 or XBOX just to play this game!

Oh well it me excited about the movie! ... to cheer myself up....I am going to ..."build a camp fire and sings a few songs...."

Was looking forward to buying it first thing on Tuesday but my suspicions were raised by the review embargo. Turns out the first review I saw on Tuesday night had the headline "And you thought Prometheus was disappointing!"

F***

Apparently it's terrible: Duke Nukem Forever terrible (coincidentally also by Gearbox). Awful graphics, glitchy as all hell, idiotic AI, ridiculously easy - just another bug hunt, as it were.

I'm gutted as all I have ever wanted in life was to play a decent game of the greatest movie ever made and so far the only one that has ever come close was the UK version of Aliens on the ZX Spectrum...

trust me, it was scary at the time!

nathanm

Eats Squid
well f#$k you all, even the reviewers. I just forked out $250 for a ps3 and god dammit I'm going to buy Aliens CM Limited edition, play as Hicks and kill every motherf#$king alien that cross my path!

Just like sex, even if its sh#t it's still good!

Couldn't have cracked a couple of ribs and had a couple of weeks stuck at home at a better time really.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
well f#$k you all, even the reviewers. I just forked out $250 for a ps3 and god dammit I'm going to buy Aliens CM Limited edition, play as Hicks and kill every motherf#$king alien that cross my path!

Just like sex, even if its sh#t it's still good!

Couldn't have cracked a couple of ribs and had a couple of weeks stuck at home at a better time really.
Ha! Get into it son! ;)
No Skyrim DLC on my system today. Fuck it! Fuck it all!!!!!!!!!!!!