Please delete

Which bike is better value for money?

• Total voters

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
The Pitch is lower spec'd ... which means additional $$s for upgrades.

The Ironhorse is well spec'd and currently $250 more

The Stumpy is spec'd nicely ... although propriety shock (what happens with Spez stuff now they come direct via the LBS ... ) I think it would be a pain particularly 2nd hand. and 2nd hand carbon ... I'm a sceptic, but I'm sure others will rave.

I'm not a Commencal fan, but I'm certain the commencal owners reading will voice their approval for their bike. (better spec then the pitch I guess)

So ... I reckon best value is prolly the Ironhorse ... just ... with a bit of haggling, over the Stumpy

Proprietary shock, 2nd hand carbon are too big a negative IMO ... also 2 years older ... if you can over come this, then the Stumpy with a haggle,

Good Luck

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would probably be inclined to go the stumpy - Pick your favourite frame + best fork, rest can be upgraded down the path fairly easily. The stumpy is a bit more, but it's all xt/xtr/slx

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Go the Meta5, i ride a Meta4 for my xc stuff and i wish i had the Meta5 just to have a touch more travel.

They're a fantastic frame that really work well. That example seems to be a ok spec as well. Newer model frame also tend to be better condition.