Please delete.

asambell

Likes Dirt
Anyone able to comment on the following:
- Evil Insurgent
- Intense Recluse
- Canyon Spectral

Think I've narrowed it down to these three.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Unless you're looking at the top end Spectral.... the other 2 are in a different price bracket. Frame costs are close on a full Spectral build.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Dumb name for a bike as well.

Recluse?! Did they even know what the word means before christening the thing?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
That is one of the worst reviews of a bike I've ever seen. Even if it's just one opinion, it's very off-putting.
Yeah, it's a shocker. The thing is it's not just one reviewer- it's like 5 different riders- makes me think that maybe they just got a bit of a lemon.

That's one site I actually quite like the reviews on, it's not just the standard half sales pitch that the usual suspects are like.

asambell

Likes Dirt
I'll just leave this here...

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/biking/trail-mountain-bike-2017/intense-recluse-2017

(Internet review, so to be taken with a healthy grain of salt)
A great big handful of salt being taken here. Quite a harsh writeup, this is why so many people are asking so many questions when buying a new bike. Such contrasting reviews make this so much harder. Of course I'd love to be able to test ride one first, but which ones should I test ride?

BT180

Max Pfaff
Just pick one that you think ticks the boxes, ride it if you can, then buy if it's what you're after. Don't get caught up trying to ride 10 different bikes. They'll mostly all be good. Just be happy and ride the crap out of your new bike!

asambell

Likes Dirt
Just pick one that you think ticks the boxes, ride it if you can, then buy if it's what you're after. Don't get caught up trying to ride 10 different bikes. They'll mostly all be good. Just be happy and ride the crap out of your new bike!
Couldn't agree more! Happy to close off this thread now. If anyone's interested, when I purchase my new bike I will put up a thread of the experiences (purchasing, building/adjusting, riding, and any after sales service if required).
Thanks guys.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Sometimes I think just getting a bike in your range and general requirement is enough and then tweaking things like bars, stem, seat post, suspension, etc. to suit is the go. I rode my current bike around the car park once before I bought it. It took some getting used to but after I learned how to ride it properly my riding skills evolved to world class shogun fuck-master levels. I'd race professionally and win everything, but you know...., like what-everrrrrr. being world champion is so lame.

asambell

Likes Dirt
Sometimes I think just getting a bike in your range and general requirement is enough and then tweaking things like bars, stem, seat post, suspension, etc. to suit is the go. I rode my current bike around the car park once before I bought it. It took some getting used to but after I learned how to ride it properly my riding skills evolved to world class shogun fuck-master levels. I'd race professionally and win everything, but you know...., like what-everrrrrr. being world champion is so lame.
HAHAHAHAHAHA. When you're putting down the better part of $5-6k, it'd be nice to ride more than a car park. I'll suss out if there's are any demo days or demo bikes to test. I appreciate your advice and input.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
HAHAHAHAHAHA. When you're putting down the better part of $5-6k, it'd be nice to ride more than a car park. I'll suss out if there's are any demo days or demo bikes to test. I appreciate your advice and input.
Yeah, I was only putting down $3.5 on $4.5's worth of older model as it was superseded (if you can wait till aug/oct there are bargains to be had). Even then, not small coin to chance.

Last edited: