Podium Pedals

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Just after some long term feedback on the Podium pedals specifically with regard to bearing/durability.

I had a set a while back but quickly destroyed the bearings in one of the pedals. They were claimed under warranty and I moved on. Now I'm thinking about getting back on the boat and getting some Podium2. Curious as to whether what happened to my pedal was just a isolated incident or more common before I pull the trigger. I generally don't get on well with pedals :)

Raceface Atlas is also on my short list

Thanks in advance

udi

swiss cheese
There were a number of documented failures on these, and I watched a few die personally, so you're definitely not the only one.

See my thoughts here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...to-recommend&p=2807258&viewfull=1#post2807258

Personally I would shy away from the new ones until some hard riders have tested them for a season. The size and thickness is great but I think the axle/bearing system needs work.

I think the Spanks may fit what you are looking for in a stronger and more reliable package. There are a few options depending on budget and weight requirements, but they are all the same width and all use the same axle/bearing system which is quite reliable from numerous long term reviews.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Um... It does make me a bit nervous even though they reckon they've beefed up the end bearings.

I'm on Spanks ATM. Although I really like the pedals they started developing play after a few months and steadily got worse. I've dodged them up to keep them rolling but I think they'll be the kind of pedals that need regular rebuilds.