Pole Bikes

animalman86

Likes Bikes
Got nailed hard by customs and everything! And they sent it in two boxes and then held them both... Was a nightmare.

But he got the bike and loves it!
So my Pole arrived last week, I was lucky to slip through the net which was quite unexpected. I'm biased, but the frame really is cool to look at and needs to be seen in the flesh.

I have taken it for 2 rides and it handles as expected. It seems to just plow and roll over everything. There is heaps of grip in loose corners and despite its length it's still flickable and I have not found any issues with tight switch backs.

The seat angle feels a bit strange when riding on flat sections but much more comfortable when climbing. The rear end is noticeably heavier than my Canyon Spectral but that is expected.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I see they subscribe to the banshee school of head tube length.

Arseholes.

Great bike though my dude! Perfect 5/7, would ride then immediately regret not being able to buy one after

moorey

call me Mia
I see they subscribe to the banshee school of head tube length.

Arseholes.

Great bike though my dude! Perfect 5/7, would ride then immediately regret not being able to buy one after
If you mean short...you mean Spesh and Giant, not Rotorburn Giant. All 4 of mine have very standard head tube lengths. All the Spesh and Giant I look at have minuscule head tube lengths. They render their forks useless for any future use.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
If you mean short...you mean Spesh and Giant, not Rotorburn Giant. All 4 of mine have very standard head tube lengths. All the Spesh and Giant I look at have minuscule head tube lengths. They render their forks useless for any future use.
No. My reign HT is longer than my spitfire headtube.

Banshee didn’t lengthen HT as frames got bigger. My RB trance’s headtube is tiny for XL.

Last edited:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
They render their forks useless for any future use.
My cynical nature tells me that might be part of the business model but also small headtubes give you more design flexibility but maybe decreased stiffness.