Pole Bikes

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Slightly off topic but NEVER pay for foreign currency using Paypal as a converter .... The above method mentioned is a must if you can only use Paypal.

If you have the option, use a credit card with no international transaction fees that uses the Mastercard rate (I got the 28 Degrees card solely for the purpose of online international purchases). I've found this gives you the best exchange rate and can save you quite a bit of coin when your total spent over time reaches a couple thousand.
Ditto - got my BankWest Zero Platinum (zero fees too) for that sole purpose too, although I still link it through PayPal to get the buyer protection and so I don't have to hand out my card details to lots of vendors.

animalman86

Likes Bikes
Slightly off topic but NEVER pay for foreign currency using Paypal as a converter .... The above method mentioned is a must if you can only use Paypal.

If you have the option, use a credit card with no international transaction fees that uses the Mastercard rate (I got the 28 Degrees card solely for the purpose of online international purchases). I've found this gives you the best exchange rate and can save you quite a bit of coin when your total spent over time reaches a couple thousand.
I have been looking at rates vs transaction fees and while some cards may have no FX transaction fee they often have shit house FX rates.

28 Degrees seems to be the exception here and by my calculation I could save about $600 on FX fees and better FX rates using the 28 degrees card instead of my current!

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I have been looking at rates vs transaction fees and while some cards may have no FX transaction fee they often have shit house FX rates.

28 Degrees seems to be the exception here and by my calculation I could save about $600 on FX fees and better FX rates using the 28 degrees card instead of my current!
Spend it on a Maydena or Queenstown trip! :D

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
For buying international, as much as I hate its CBA - the Bankwest card mentioned earlier is pretty damn good. Its the only thing I have left with a big bank.....

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
As @Boom King said, I've got a 150 that I love... And highly recommend jumping on the big black Pole of @MrZac mentioned above if you're considering an Evolink over a Stamina (at least you won't have to wait a millennia, you'll save a bucket of cash, and the 150 can run 27.5, 27.5+, 29 and 29+ giving you huge versatility).

As for my 150, I'm rolling on 27.5, and honestly can't see myself going back to a 'regular' geometry bike again. The stability this kind of geometry offers is next-level, especially at speed. I've had little issues with manoeuvrability, and only needed small bike handling/body position changes to adapt to the longer frame. Tight, tight corners can still be an issue, you just have to pick the right line... All things you adjust to the more you ride it.

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
If you want new age geo without the exotic price tag then check out the Stumpjumper EVO.
For 5k it ticks a lot of boxes with a 490mm reach (650b version), long wheel base and sexy raw alloy finish. I’ve done double black DH, multi day XX race and all manner of trails on mine and I’m chuffed with it.

animalman86

Likes Bikes
If you want new age geo without the exotic price tag then check out the Stumpjumper EVO.
For 5k it ticks a lot of boxes with a 490mm reach (650b version), long wheel base and sexy raw alloy finish. I’ve done double black DH, multi day XX race and all manner of trails on mine and I’m chuffed with it.

Have considered this. Decent spec etc too for $5k

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Hey soulrider where do you live /ride ?
Cos that looks like awesome inland dry terrain in the background.
Also like the Stump jumper Evo ,its amazing how it has evolved over the last 20 yrs.

animalman86

Likes Bikes
Ended up pulling the trigger on the Stamina 140 with EN build. Will not see it until July but worth waiting for!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
5 months in, still waiting on my Stamina.

I am a patient person, but this is starting to push towards the end of my limits. Anticipated dispatch dates have been delayed a couple of times, apparently they are having issues with the rear triangle.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
5 months in, still waiting on my Stamina.

I am a patient person, but this is starting to push towards the end of my limits. Anticipated dispatch dates have been delayed a couple of times, apparently they are having issues with the rear triangle.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
And heaps of nice bikes have come out since too...