AM Pole Evolink 140 Australian Spec

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bike two – yes I have two Poles, I love to ride Pole ;)

Frame - Pole Evolink 140 size Large, built to Aussie spec
Fender - Mucky Nutz
Front shock/fork – Formula Selva
Handlebars – Burgtec Ridewide Enduro Carbon
Stem – Burgtec Enduro
Grips - Burgtec
Saddle - Burgtec The Cloud
Seatpost - KS LEV Integra 150mm
Brakes – SRAM Guide RE
Cranks – SRAM GX
Chainring – SRAM GX
Pedals - Spank Spike
Drivetrain – SRAM GX Eagle
Wheels - Spank Oozy, chrome baby!
Tyres - Onza Ibex 29x2.4 front and rear. Tubeless

This is the bike I use for harder trail riding and all mountain/ enduro. Super capable bike – I have ridden it down International at Buller and it was fine although I felt 140mm of travel compared to the 200 on the DH bike! This is the Aussie spec model you can buy on the Pole website and is covered in Burgtec stuff – which I love.

The bike climbs really well, and descends like all the reviews say – very very fast. Tight switchbacks seem fine to me – in fact the only things I have noticed is fast tight corners are harder than 26/27 bikes I have had in the past and the acceleration of 29 is slower than the smaller wheel size. Super stoked.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Bike two – yes I have two Poles, I love to ride Pole ;)

Frame - Pole Evolink 140 size Large, built to Aussie spec
Fender - Mucky Nutz
Front shock/fork – Formula Selva
Handlebars – Burgtec Ridewide Enduro Carbon
Stem – Burgtec Enduro
Grips - Burgtec
Saddle - Burgtec The Cloud
Seatpost - KS LEV Integra 150mm
Brakes – SRAM Guide RE
Cranks – SRAM GX
Chainring – SRAM GX
Pedals - Spank Spike
Drivetrain – SRAM GX Eagle
Wheels - Spank Oozy, chrome baby!
Tyres - Onza Ibex 29x2.4 front and rear. Tubeless

This is the bike I use for harder trail riding and all mountain/ enduro. Super capable bike – I have ridden it down International at Buller and it was fine although I felt 140mm of travel compared to the 200 on the DH bike! This is the Aussie spec model you can buy on the Pole website and is covered in Burgtec stuff – which I love.

The bike climbs really well, and descends like all the reviews say – very very fast. Tight switchbacks seem fine to me – in fact the only things I have noticed is fast tight corners are harder than 26/27 bikes I have had in the past and the acceleration of 29 is slower than the smaller wheel size. Super stoked.
Saw one of these up close at the Youis today. Very cool and very different looking bike.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
What is "Aussie spec"?
At first glance, it seems to be same drivetrain, different finishing kit, different shock and different wheels. It’s pretty clear in their website.

Unclear whether it’s a marketing change, budget or some kind of product restriction issue.

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At first glance, it seems to be same drivetrain, different finishing kit, different shock and different wheels. It’s pretty clear in their website.

Unclear whether it’s a marketing change, budget or some kind of product restriction issue.
Its a mostly about products optimised for Australian riding and also reducing shipping costs - as a result pricing is pretty competitive. Shock should be the same.

Stock wheelset colour is black but I wanted chrome. The fork is a variation of the standard Lyrik on the website which is available on request.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd love to see one of these in the flesh. They look amazing! Curious what the cost is for a frame only landed to aus after taxes ect. Is there an aussie distributor or you have to buy direct from pole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I believe Link Sports is handling the Aussie side of things, such as build kits, etc. They can probably sort out a frame only option as well.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
I’m guessing

“This is the Aussie spec model you can buy on the Pole website and is covered in Burgtec stuff – which I love.“
Yes, but why does Australia demand a different spec than Latvia or Solomon Islands?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Yes, but why does Australia demand a different spec than Latvia or Solomon Islands?
The guys that are responsible for delivering Pole in Australia import quite a few brands. It simply makes economic and business sense for all parties to spec the Aussie bikes with some of these brands.

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The guys that are responsible for delivering Pole in Australia import quite a few brands. It simply makes economic and business sense for all parties to spec the Aussie bikes with some of these brands.
Boom King has got it right - shipping in frames and P&A separately is pretty efficient.

Link is a service agent for Pole dealing directly in Aus.

All pricing and details are on their webstore -
https://polebicycles.com/evolink/140-au/

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
OK, now I get it.
I thought it was odd when some were suggesting that other importers would be restricting what a manufacturer could supply on their bikes