Pole Evolink 150 - 27.5"

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
After a few years of procrastination I finally got around to making some changes!

Manitou Mezzer Pro
Hope Fortus 30 rims on purple Pro 4 hubs
Ergon GA2 Fat grips
Michelin Wild Enduro 27.5x2.4"

Now I just need a black dropper. o_O

The Mezzer feels sick on the street and the wheels are noticeably stiffer than the Tech Enduro set they replaced. Super keen to give her a solid test ride and dial in the fork.

View attachment 374027
Oh why hello there good looking.

What length are you running your Mezzer?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
What length are you running your Mezzer?
I was going to lower it to 160, same as the Mattoc it replaced... But I've left it at 180mm.

I'll test ride before thinking about changing. It looks good so I'll see how it goes as-is!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I was going to lower it to 160, same as the Mattoc it replaced... But I've left it at 180mm.

I'll test ride before thinking about changing. It looks good so I'll see how it goes as-is!
Hehe grim donut watch out!

I did the same but got a 222x70 shock to get an estimated 165mm rear travel for the full monster truck effect.

The only tips I would give is to take your time with the irt spring and don't go too crazy with the compression dials till you've broken the fork in a bit.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Hehe grim donut watch out!

I did the same but got a 222x70 shock to get an estimated 165mm rear travel for the full monster truck effect.

The only tips I would give is to take your time with the irt spring and don't go too crazy with the compression dials till you've broken the fork in a bit.
Oooh an extra 15mm travel. Does long shocking affect things in any other way? I know the new Evolink 1.4 has a metric shock to get a bit extra travel so I'm assuming it's all gravy - but good to hear from the horses mouth.

Tbh the Mezzer almost feels perfect right out of the box - at least on the street. I'll probably set the air on both ends to roughly what's recommended for my weight and leave compression alone until I've done some solid time on it.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I found this guide spot on for setting up my mezzers. It's off the mezzer thread on mtbr

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Yeah I’m pretty much in line with the equivalent settings on that doc.

Manitou’s recommendtions look to be for Rampage-level riding.

[posted from my local rail trail]

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I found this guide spot on for setting up my mezzers. It's off the mezzer thread on mtbr

I got out to Red Hill for a solo test ride.
Based on this Google Docs spreadsheet - strangely enough I only had to add 1 pump of air to the IRT and the main was already bang on! Explains why it already felt so good on the street haha.

All compression was fully open, but have since added 2x LSC and 3x rebound - however still not quite right... But Red Hill climbs obliterate me and I didn't last long. Need repeat Bright shuttle runs in my near future!

Otherwise, going from non Boost to Boost, from 23mm internal rims to 30mm internal rims, and from a 34mm stanchion fork to a 37mm has made quite the noticeable difference in ride quality!

Pumped about the next one!