Pole Evolink 150 - 27.5"

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
No bearing kit, no.

I haven't had an in depth look at the situation down there until now... but it appears everything is sealed up nicely on the outside where the bolt heads are.
The bearing is exposed, but sealed on the inside of the pivots.

As for the AU only version, I'll PM you about that... because reasons.

Reactions: Zaf

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Updated the OP with the spec and a more recent pic (pre-cable rerouting as mentioned below).

So, some further adjustments to my Pole...
Bought some MarshGuard Slapper Tape for the seat stay, as the chain was fucking up the paint on the lower-inside.
Why manufacturers design frames in this way without built in protection, I'll never know... especially for something so 'boutique'.

I've also had to reroute the cables through the shock hole as the shift outer was rubbing pretty badly and has already worn away the paint.

I tried putting a bit of slapper tape on the offending spot, but the outer moved around on it so much it actually mangled it in one ride.
So... here's my solution before I rerouted the shift cable:

From this...

To this...

To THIS!

Fucken WIZARDRY!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Won't that just transfer the wear to the inside of the tube?
Likely, but Leo @ Pole says it's less so than if routed on the outside.

I've got a couple of clear pads here which I plan to stick on the insides next time I give her a wash.
Should be less ugly/noticeable than sitting on the outside.

Z

Zaf

I'm surprised they didn't tack on a little cable grommet to that area of the bike. But in leui of that, a quick wrap if electrical tape and then a stand-off using a cable tie and some irrigation hose usually does the trick.

Also, Bloody chains shitting up the paintwork! If only there were a less abrasive solution to drive the rear wheel?

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm surprised they didn't tack on a little cable grommet to that area of the bike. But in leui of that, a quick wrap if electrical tape and then a stand-off using a cable tie and some irrigation hose usually does the trick.

Also, Bloody chains shitting up the paintwork! If only there were a less abrasive solution to drive the rear wheel?

Like BMW motorbikes leaky unreliable drive shaft... There's a reason hardly anyone else does it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaf
Z

Zaf

Like BMW motorbikes leaky unreliable drive shaft... There's a reason hardly anyone else does it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
How do you get a drive shaft to grow with the suspension arc?