Pole Evolink 150 - 27.5"

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
yeh price is something else. just waiting to see if my mate wants to buy my Marzocchi 350 Cr's. to be honest there nice forks
. I just fancy something new

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
a few in Tassie ... but not with that protector thats for sure.

I recommend going the big wheels dood ... presuming you are still on the original 27.5s (haven't read the last few pages to see if updates).

Good luck on the move.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Yeah? I've had a few issues with pedal strikes and hitting the crash plate due to sitting so low on 27.5, despite being designed for it.

I just can't find a 29er 160mm fork I like, at a decent price point, and I guess I can't really justify any more changes for the time being.

Plus if I did a major change I'd like to go Boost which would also mean new cranks. Too many $$$.

Z

Zaf

Yeah? I've had a few issues with pedal strikes and hitting the crash plate due to sitting so low on 27.5, despite being designed for it.

I just can't find a 29er 160mm fork I like, at a decent price point, and I guess I can't really justify any more changes for the time being.

Plus if I did a major change I'd like to go Boost which would also mean new cranks. Too many $$$.
Durolux, but be warned, you'll end up buying one for 650b as well...and probably for any other bikes you own also.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
It's a good thing I dropped my fleet to a single bike, haha.

I've always been skeptical of SR Suntour as a brand, mostly due to how absolutely rubbish 95% of their forks are... But the few new ones like the Rux and Durolux etc have caught my eye, I just *don't know*. I'll do some research.

I really really love the feel of the Mattoc, I just wish it was beefier. For example, I can see the whole fork flex just rocking the bike with the front brake held on. I reached out to Hayes/Manitou to ask if they were planning to beef if up at all, but I was ignored.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Get a cheap secondhand Yari for the burly chassis. Then get a Avalanche damper, which also happens to be cheaper than a Charger 2. Get the air spring blueprinted and and a sd compononents dvc chamber and voila! Arguably worlds best fork for the price of a new Fox 36.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

It's a good thing I dropped my fleet to a single bike, haha.

I've always been skeptical of SR Suntour as a brand, mostly due to how absolutely rubbish 95% of their forks are... But the few new ones like the Rux and Durolux etc have caught my eye, I just *don't know*. I'll do some research.

I really really love the feel of the Mattoc, I just wish it was beefier. For example, I can see the whole fork flex just rocking the bike with the front brake held on. I reached out to Hayes/Manitou to ask if they were planning to beef if up at all, but I was ignored.
TRP do rubbish for most of their brakes in the form of Tektro, but doesn't mean they don't produce world cup winning products. I gave the Durolux a gamble with my Yeti and once I had it dialed in, I didn't look back. I've said it many times now, but I replaced the Fox 36 on my Slash for a new one; that fork will go onto the Nicolai when it arrives as well, albeit serviced and travel reduced (and flirting with the idea of stripping the black paint off the lowers and crown to match the Raw look of the frame).
My only complaint about the fork would be that the negative spring, on repeated fast impacts (I have only heard it slamming down a set of urban steps at the start of one of the trail heads), can make a rattle. I'm waiting for them to actually release their Tri-Air Shock to go matchy on the suspension for my air options for the Nicolai as well.

But if the branding doesn't blow your skirt up, no use labouring the point.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Christ. So much effort, haha.
Effort vs money vs performance. I'm old, fat and slow so guess which option I'm taking.

If you can source the Yari for a good price, mtb suspension centre or one of the other workshops can do the rest for a price.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Yeah I reckon I'll leave it as is for now.

Moving to 29, 29+, or even 27.5+ is a very costly move for my existing circumstances.

New fork, wheels, cranks, tyres.

Plus I have the dilemma of not having any 2.8" tyres I actually like. Being a Schwalbe guy I'd love a revised design for 2.8" in their more aggressive tyres, but they don't seem to be doing much about adapting to current trends.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Watching the EWS new bike video & this appeared for but a few seconds.

Bloody interesting way to accommodate a damper reservoir & bottle cage!

Attachments

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I am deeply, deeply smitten by that bike...

85f64b32-6931-473f-bf04-5228fb0e9fb7.original.jpg

Pole-Machine-DS-UP-1920x938_copy.original.jpg

A very expensive prospect to be an early adopter on, but jeez...

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I didn't like the rear triangle at first, but have come to be pretty fond of the entire design.
It's just really interesting to see compaines doing things outside of the box...

Much more interesting than everyone coming out with designs that look like Trek copies.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I'm a massive fan of asymmetric designs, always hooks me in.

Three water bottle mounts on a frame with 160mm travel. And the whole production method is fascinating too.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I think they had to put three bottle mounts on there to disguise the long tubing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Had a good ride on Blue Tier into Big Chook on Sunday with a couple ye-olde forum members.

Bit sloshy through the majority of Big Chook, and a few puddles and dampness through Blue Tier, but overall it was a great day!

10/10 would ride again.

I hear a lot of people talking up Big Chook, but personally, while it was definitely great, I think Flowtown at Falls Creek is the best 'flow' I've ridden.