Polygon Siskiu T7

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
What's in the box?

A superbly packed Polygon Siskiu T7 of course:

Really well packed, almost Canyon-like I've been told.

Typical issues out of the box - too-long cabling & no tubeless tyres. So I set to task sort all that out over the next four or so hours:

As above, comes with a rudimentary torque wrench, not entirely shit pedals & a replacement hanger (which is Shimano direct mount which is cool).

Summary below:

Brilliant bike for the money. Rides efficiently.

Things that surprised:

. 35mm offset rims
. Schwalbe tyres are folding bead
. Super generous tyres
. Tubeless conversion with a floor pump
. Component choice is awesome, in-house parts are acceptable too
. Great geometry (I’d get an XL though)
. Brakes are fine
. Maxle bolt up axles front & rear
. Cranks are criticised but I think they are ok
. Overall weight is fine

Things that suck:

. Dropper lever is junk, I managed to crack the mount before I'd even thought about torquing it up!
. Dropper post works ok but ain’t premium
. Rear axle threads seem weak
. No bottle cage provision at all
. Rims had a “tubeless ready” sticker but nothing was tubeless ready

Phenomenal thing for $1899.

Pics below:

The new owner:

I'm crook at the moment & only gave it a road test but it feels crisp to pedal and sooooo stable. Nice steering geo & the 2.6" front tyre means it's incredibly friendly to maneuver. Honestly, it's a great bike for a beginner as I fail to see how they would ever bin it.

Last edited:

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Nice, I can't decide what to buy, this or the T8, don't really think I need (or even notice) the better shocks on the T8. Heard a few people say the seat dropper is the only meh part on this bike. What size is the frame in the pictures?

tobbogonist

a registered member
Hey resurrecting an old thread after using the search feature.
I've been looking at the t7/t8 for a few months thinking I am going to pull the trigger next time the price drops in one of their sales. Im in no rush and have plenty of other things needing money thrown at them so it might not be until towards the end of the year.

I noticed they have new models out:
Is it worth looking at the new ones with the sram tx?
The plan is to upgrade a few things then drop money on a fancy new (current for now but old then and on clearance) frame in a few years, then keep on building on etc.

The hardtail works fine but I'd like to hit the downhill run at Beechworth bikepark without chattering my teeth into oblivion for once. Also getting sick of having to pull over on the last run at Warburton to let the big boys pass (big boys as in 15 year old boys all fresh faced and saying things like 'Scuse me Mr.' and 'can you film me do this jump sir?').

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Hey resurrecting an old thread after using the search feature.
I've been looking at the t7/t8 for a few months thinking I am going to pull the trigger next time the price drops in one of their sales. Im in no rush and have plenty of other things needing money thrown at them so it might not be until towards the end of the year.
sx is sram’s lowest groupo, if it’s worse than gx/nx rear derailleur are a disposable & regularly relaxed item, it is eagle so you get the extra range, if it were me i’d b jumlping on the old one with shimano groupset. new one does have brand name crankset, & 4 piston front brake - handy additions, new colour stands out nicely too

tobbogonist

a registered member
Thanks man. I honestly wont notice any difference either way I go so that is really helpfull. Im fit enough to not really need the extra range and at 68 kgs i've never had much of a problem stopping with my current 2 piston brakes.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Man i've been looking at that. Unfortunately there is a few car problems further up the line otherwise I would have already bought it.
With buying new I can use the credit card, my credit score is pretty average on account of being in my 20's for a while and im trying to bump it back up.
Purchase, leave money in account and forget about it.