Polygon Siskui T8 vs Marin rift Zone 3 vs 2017 Scott Spark 740. Canberra riding.

dan76n

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

I’ve been looking for my first duallie for a while now and think I might of narrowed it down to the Polygon T8 and the Marin rift zone 3.
https://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/polygon-siskiu-t8-dual-suspension-mountain-bike

https://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/marin-rift-zone-3-29er-dual-suspension-mountain-bi~2846202

Any opinions on which is going to be best suitable? I’d probably grad the T8 if it had drink bottle holder as although I carry a back pack 100% of the time I ride I tend to use the drink bottle over the bladder just for cleaning up convenience. This is probably just being lazy so I’m sure I could adapt. I did see a T8 on gumtree a while ago that someone added a drink bottle cage to the underside of the bottom frame so I’m sure that’s a possiblity.

I tend to spend most my time at Stromlo and prefer the fast flowing runs but also like to try get the tires off the ground as much as I can (it’s not that much yet).

I’ll add another into the equation. The Scott Spark 740 2017 model.
http://www.thebikebarn.com.au/dual-suspension/837-scott-spark-740-2017.html

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
I bought a T8 about 2 weeks ago. I love it and have no complaints. It just rolls so fast (compaired to my old Giant Reign anyway). And as you want, it is easy to get those tyres off the ground. I'm shit when it comes to getting any air, but the Siskiu just seems to want to jump and play.

For your first duallie, you are looking at a great bike in the T8 with a good spec and an even better price. I guess the only negative for some is lack of drink bottle holder...this doesnt worry me as I use a camelback.

The Marin is similar, slightly less spec'd from what I can see though, plus it's $100 more. Personally I find the Polygon nicer to look at too.

The Scott also looks nice, but I had a 1x10 setup on my Reign so I found the T8 perfect with its 1x11 speed setup. It's simpler and neater in my opinion. The Scott you are looking at is still a 2x10 speed...not a bad thing I guess, just something different, also, I can't tell if the Scott has a dropper post?

Feel free to ask me any questions!

Oh, and Dozer has left a pretty good review on the T8 here too.

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
That Scott looks preety good as well and from the pic it has a dropper. Jump on and google the scott reviews the description is terrible didnt even say what size wheels. To be honest for these prices you couldn't really go wrong with any of them, the fox grip fork on the Scott is a good fork Ive been running one for a year now and they are bullet proof and has duel lockout on the bars.

dan76n

Likes Bikes
That Scott looks preety good as well and from the pic it has a dropper. Jump on and google the scott reviews the description is terrible didnt even say what size wheels. To be honest for these prices you couldn't really go wrong with any of them, the fox grip fork on the Scott is a good fork Ive been running one for a year now and they are bullet proof and has duel lockout on the bars.
The Scott has 27.5 wheels. A little less travel that the other two as well, and from what I can see the bikes that have a 27.5or 29er option tend to have an extra 10mm travel on the 27.5 models.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Mas2 but I’m after a medium.
Also no disrespect to the seller but I would rather pay the extra few hundred to have a warranty.
No worries. I was thinking he might even be negotiable down more. Good luck with your search.

dan76n

Likes Bikes
does anyone happen to be riding the T7 or a bike with the same shocks?
I’ve thought about that as well but reviews for the xfusion rear shock aren’t too good. In saying that the reviews are 2 years old so could be outdated now.
With Black Friday on our doorsteps I’m thinking a T7 $1999 minus and discount vs a T8 $2699 minus the discount?
The T7 is quite a bit cheaper but long term will that hold up?