STOLEN Polygon Trid zz Newcastle

Flow-Rider

Burner
It really was. I was shocked at the audacity of the perpetrator.
We had a similar saga unfold here locally on Friday, where young teens stole keys from a ladies handbag while she was getting a haircut. Someone in the store had noticed and alerted the lady, so she quickly rushed out to the car and watched them pressing the remote until they found the car. While the lady stood at the front of the car, one of the teens somehow manoeuvre themselves into the car and locked themselves in there, while ignoring the yelling lady. The lady and a friend tried to block the car by standing in front of it, but the teen didn't care and planted the accelerator to run them down, but luckily they were quick enough to get out of the way. The owner of the car even managed to video them once they were in the car.

• Wow
Reactions: PJO

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
You do need a cheap beater to ride in these dangerous areas. I know you aren't a fan but y'know.

Assuming that they bike thieves are discerning and not just pure opportunists.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We had a similar saga unfold here locally on Friday, where young teens stole keys from a ladies handbag while she was getting a haircut. Someone in the store had noticed and alerted the lady, so she quickly rushed out to the car and watched them pressing the remote until they found the car. While the lady stood at the front of the car, one of the teens somehow manoeuvre themselves into the car and locked themselves in there, while ignoring the yelling lady. The lady and a friend tried to block the car by standing in front of it, but the teen didn't care and planted the accelerator to run them down, but luckily they were quick enough to get out of the way. The owner of the car even managed to video them once they were in the car.
Fucking hell.

You do need a cheap beater to ride in these dangerous areas. I know you aren't a fan but y'know.

Assuming that they bike thieves are discerning and not just pure opportunists.

Hardly a dangerous area...it's a well lit busy and popular thoroughfare, practically at the front door to the town's (shudder) premium accommodation (though something really fancy is being built near by, shudder). It was busy with pedestrian at the time of the incident, and not just people roaming between places to drink. As for dangerous areas, I've not had problems in those often over the years.

And as for riding a shitter...that's not on the agenda. I ride too far each day to rely on a shit bike to get me there. By that faulty logic everyone who drives a car should be getting around in a great wall.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Fucking hell.

Hardly a dangerous area...it's a well lit busy and popular thoroughfare, practically at the front door to the town's (shudder) premium accommodation (though something really fancy is being built near by, shudder). It was busy with pedestrian at the time of the incident, and not just people roaming between places to drink. As for dangerous areas, I've not had problems in those often over the years.

And as for riding a shitter...that's not on the agenda. I ride too far each day to rely on a shit bike to get me there. By that faulty logic everyone who drives a car should be getting around in a great wall.
Oh well, chain it to you at all times or get some good insurance. Still not a good thing to happen to you a few times.

Can't you buy an uber wonder bike and deck it out top to bottom in duct tape and big box bike stickers.

Make it look so shit that they thief won't dare to take it since his friends will diss him for getting such a dunger and think is has lost his edge.

Or get into ice and wait for an invite for the next swap meet at your local Cashies.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Even the Candy pink helmet was taken...they'll stop at nothing.

I did have a strong hope to see him slip a pedal and cop my shin eating pins to the shin.
When I go into the CBD here, if I need to get off the bike I usually drop the shifter down a few gears, so if they try to steal my bike the only way they can get away is if they can outrun me on foot, but I usually forget that I've done it, grind all the gears and or drop a chain.

The crime statistics for theft are fairy high in that area. Probably no one jumps up and down about it because it's a wealthier area, which usually makes it more attractive for the thief.

http://crimetool.bocsar.nsw.gov.au/bocsar/

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wouldn't happen in Perth, but I did read of a kid in Bunbury the other day having his brand new Roscoe snatched in similar fashion. There's not enough risk in it to deter these scumbags.
I hope this story has a happier ending than the last time PP

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I hope this story has a happier ending than the last time PP
I didn't have as much of a sentimental attachment to this bike as I did the might m4x! Though it did have a very sexy Saint crank sad face emoji here. But I am sure it won't be turning up anytime soon. It is either:
  1. being fenced as we breath
  2. in some dickheads garage/garden and he is thinking "but I don't own a bike...", like has happened to so many shopping trolleys over the years
  3. ditched somewhere around town once the thrill was over and subsequently picked up by a scumbag and back to option 1.

When I go into the CBD here, if I need to get off the bike I usually drop the shifter down a few gears, so if they try to steal my bike the only way they can get away is if they can outrun me on foot, but I usually forget that I've done it, grind all the gears and or drop a chain.

The crime statistics for theft are fairy high in that area. Probably no one jumps up and down about it because it's a wealthier area, which usually makes it more attractive for the thief.

http://crimetool.bocsar.nsw.gov.au/bocsar/

View attachment 371637
Residential in the area is all fairly secure apartments, generally filled with wealthy boomers. Being a waterfront area there is a few restaurants, bars, and pubs. The area I was in is a bit of foot traffic crossroads between all those. For a long while a few years back one of the pubs in the area was number 1 in nsw for violent incidents, but at the time Newcastle consistently had 3 of the top 5 on that list.

I usually do a similar trick, because who is getting away in a hurry running 36:11? Plus I most ride on the bottom 3 rings anyway. One of my mates from uni used to disconnect his v brakes as well which paid off for him once.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Poodle - facebook Newcastle MTB riders - a few thousand eyes there.

Brazen for sure -i might need to rethink my helmet lock technique (though its always best t have lots of other bikes as options) - I'll do a driveby each day through fowler st for you

Flow-Rider

Burner
I didn't have as much of a sentimental attachment to this bike as I did the might m4x! Though it did have a very sexy Saint crank sad face emoji here. But I am sure it won't be turning up anytime soon. It is either:
  1. being fenced as we breath
  2. in some dickheads garage/garden and he is thinking "but I don't own a bike...", like has happened to so many shopping trolleys over the years
  3. ditched somewhere around town once the thrill was over and subsequently picked up by a scumbag and back to option 1.

Residential in the area is all fairly secure apartments, generally filled with wealthy boomers. Being a waterfront area there is a few restaurants, bars, and pubs. The area I was in is a bit of foot traffic crossroads between all those. For a long while a few years back one of the pubs in the area was number 1 in nsw for violent incidents, but at the time Newcastle consistently had 3 of the top 5 on that list.

I usually do a similar trick, because who is getting away in a hurry running 36:11? Plus I most ride on the bottom 3 rings anyway. One of my mates from uni used to disconnect his v brakes as well which paid off for him once.
Is this bike insured ?

It used to be a big thing to run and snatch in the 80's at the local corner shops while you played Pac Man or Space Invaders. I remember some kids getting caught and everyone would beat their head in.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is this bike insured ?
I'm no rookie to life.

Ill keep an eye out around maryville and izzo
That's kind of my hood. I'd be very happy to find it on home turf.

Poodle - facebook Newcastle MTB riders - a few thousand eyes there.

Brazen for sure -i might need to rethink my helmet lock technique (though its always best t have lots of other bikes as options) - I'll do a driveby each day through fowler st for you
A beautiful part of town. I was thinking of dropping in to see about buying some grams and a bike. If I had my helmet clipped O the back wheel this would be an hilarious story rather than a sad one.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Damn, this sucks Poodle! Unfortunately I don't like your chances of ever getting it back.

Like a good Burner, what bike are you eyeing off now?