Popping my head out from the shadows

Gday,
Been lurking for a little while, time to pop my head up! Grew up riding in the hills of Perth but have only had a token roadie for quite a few years. Finally got back into MTB last year after waiting so I could make a worthwhile purchase. Still mostly discovering trails around Sydney at the moment, have started making more regular trips to H2O and Menai but managed to get down to Canberra last weekend and Thredbo at xmas. Not too much bark off or bruising yet, but you're not trying if you're not falling occasionally right?!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Gday,
Been lurking for a little while, time to pop my head up! Grew up riding in the hills of Perth but have only had a token roadie for quite a few years. Finally got back into MTB last year after waiting so I could make a worthwhile purchase. Still mostly discovering trails around Sydney at the moment, have started making more regular trips to H2O and Menai but managed to get down to Canberra last weekend and Thredbo at xmas. Not too much bark off or bruising yet, but you're not trying if you're not falling occasionally right?!
Welcome along to the mad house. You cant join up and not post pictures of the new rig...... so make with the photos!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Very nice. Just be careful thought or perhaps employ a frameskin or similar. Those frames have a reputation for loosing their paint easily.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I love that colourway..... but I'm a bit of a purple tragic!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Some people may be horrified, but I'm not too worried about a few scratches. It's a mountain bike and particularly riding around Sydney, it encounters plenty of rocks and silliness. Maybe I'll regret that one day when I go to sell it, but that's a long time away. It'll lose less paint than I do!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Some people may be horrified, but I'm not too worried about a few scratches. It's a mountain bike and particularly riding around Sydney, it encounters plenty of rocks and silliness. Maybe I'll regret that one day when I go to sell it, but that's a long time away. It'll lose less paint than I do!
Excellent attitude. There was a thread on here not so long ago in which the op was horrified about how much paint his.new bike had been loosing...it was same as your beast.

Have you had a chance to weigh the purple vs black version of this bike?

Where about I Sydney are you riding? I've found it to be a very rocky and often sandy place with a much more natural feel to the trails than what I ride as my local tracks.

Excellent attitude. There was a thread on here not so long ago in which the op was horrified about how much paint his.new bike had been loosing...it was same as your beast.

Have you had a chance to weigh the purple vs black version of this bike?

Where about I Sydney are you riding? I've found it to be a very rocky and often sandy place with a much more natural feel to the trails than what I ride as my local tracks.
Is the black the 9.8 carbon? Haven't seen one. Have only seen one other of these, down at Menai.

Most riding is the stuff in the immediate north and south of Sydney. Northern beaches, westleigh, menai, loftus. I ride SPD (photo was with the half flat/spd from the commuter for its first ride) so most of the mishaps are those little stalls getting up technical sections of rock. Bar ends in particular are sacrificial.
I think your comment about natural is spot on. Some might call it half-built, but much less of a flattened path, nice and challenging. The trail builders still have to work hard with all that rock but it tends to maintain a more natural aesthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk