Possible stolen .243 sighting...

Brent

Likes Bikes
Sorry to quote rove but i just saw this on the Mountain Bike Australia Web page buy and sell section

Custom .243 Racing Hardtail Beast. Brand New. Marzocchi DJ1 Fork, Hayes Hyrdo HFX-MAG Plus Disc Brakes w/ 8" Rotors, Atomlab F/R Hubs, Azonic Pedals, Blackspire Chainring, Cane Creak C4 Aheadset, Evil Bikes Bullet Proof Chain Guide, SRAM X.9 ESP Shifter, ---- $4000.00

http://www.mtba.asn.au/buy_sell/bikes.shtml

Seems a little soon to be selling, he would have only had the thing a month tops I would have thought.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmm, good work watson!
Nah, ur roght, he couldn't have has it for very long at all.
i seem to remember a post about a stolen .243 frame on here too??

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
maybe they bought it on the credit card and then got into some money troubles... nice spec...

Tankass

Likes Dirt
well.i m not surprised that there are stupid theives around.such cases happens b4 in singapore which afew theives broke into a rider's house and stole 2 grossmans project bikes.one hardtail and another a dh bike with those full on race specs.and that bugger still dares to post it in a local bike forum.eventually he was ambushed and caught as the grossman dh bike was one of the 3 in the WHOLE of asia.

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How about this for stupid. A guy I went to school with smashed the window of Europa Cycles in the city, stole a Colnago Special Edition time trial road bike, the only one in Australia. Then tried to sell it to Europa Cycles at Kingsford. The guys at Kingsford, told him to come back in an hour and the boss would have the money for it. The guy comes back in an hour, meets the "boss" who just happens to be a local copper.

Go straight to gaol.

Ryan

Radministrator
dunk said:
How about this for stupid. A guy I went to school with smashed the window of Europa Cycles in the city, stole a Colnago Special Edition time trial road bike, the only one in Australia. Then tried to sell it to Europa Cycles at Kingsford. The guys at Kingsford, told him to come back in an hour and the boss would have the money for it. The guy comes back in an hour, meets the "boss" who just happens to be a local copper.

Go straight to gaol.
Stories like this warm my heart :)

Never underestimate the stupidity of thieves, if they were smart they'd be able to get real jobs...

QT

Squid
jump

i think you guys are jumpin to conclusions there. he might not like the bike or like how it feels.

if it was stolen he would probably be selling it dirt cheap, not for $4000.