Post up ya 4WD!

moorey

call me Mia
They go pretty well, pretty quiet on road as long as the pressures are up (35 psi +) off the road they go fine, they clear all the nasties. Really good value for money :)
+1. I run 35 mt couragia and they're a great tyre on and off the black stuff.

floody

Wheel size expert
Woot, 33" Federals and 15x10s on.

Bad low light, cracked lens iPhail pic

Have not used off-road yet, but have not yet bought a bad federal product and have been through 4 or 5 sets of their road car tyres. Considerably cheaper than Maxxis and cheaper even than KL71s.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Nice floody!
Are they loud on road?
I've done 40k on my 33" bighorns and were considering these probably around the 50k mark, Possibly on a 15x10 rim.
Any idea what the rubber retails for or did you get a package with the rims?

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The younger brother to Floodys lux...

Pictured with nugget 31s for now, 35s sitting in the backyard... Will post up spec/mods if asked!

floody

Wheel size expert
Nice floody!
Are they loud on road?
I've done 40k on my 33" bighorns and were considering these probably around the 50k mark, Possibly on a 15x10 rim.
Any idea what the rubber retails for or did you get a package with the rims?
Bear in mind everything costs more in Tassie, paid $285 each tyre and $145/rim.
They do make a bit of noise but aren't as bad as say Buckshots.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Bear in mind everything costs more in Tassie, paid $285 each tyre and $145/rim.
They do make a bit of noise but aren't as bad as say Buckshots.
That is still a decent price.
I remember paying 260 a corner for my tyres around 2 years ago.

My 75 series has nearly done 498k. Hopefully have a new tube tray built for her by the time she reaches her milestone. I should really get around to fitting the other half of the air con system as well as the snorkel i've got laying around!

mason33

Likes Dirt
My Pootrol, 91 wagon rb30s, bought completely stock.

This is how it sits now, I've built my own bar work including winch bar, sliders and rear bar with quarter cut. I've fitted 3" flexy coils with 6" lift shocks, front auto lokka and added some 33x12.5 maxxis bighorns. I'm happy with it at this stage, great to chuck my bike in back and also hit up some seriously challenging 4x4 tracks.

If I get really keen in the future it may see a straight gas turbo setup and maybe a dual cab chop.

doosh

Likes Bikes
That's some nice flex there ^^^
Those older Patrols look awesome with a lift and a set of tyres.

Here's a shot from a recent Jeep club run to Cobaw, Vic:

Still stock, probably get some quick disconnects for the front swaybar next, then aim for some 33s by christmas.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice GQ! If you're going to blur your numberplate though, wouldn't it be worth blurring all of them? ;)

mason33

Likes Dirt
Nice GQ! If you're going to blur your numberplate though, wouldn't it be worth blurring all of them? ;)

lol yeah... :) I don't care about blurring photo's too much, the photos blurred were taken by someone else and posted on another forum.

brindog

Likes Dirt
When it was new:

as is:

currently has 2 inch lift, BFG muddies KM2's, ARB bar, 9000lb warn magnum winch

mods to come; snorkel, lockers, and probably a bigger lift, sliders, and under body protection.
Update. Changed heaps since this post ^^

more stuff; underbody protection, snorkel, arb compressor, rear air locker, 3" Tough Dog lift, Bigger KM2's, Lightforce HID's, and other stuff I can't remember.
Loving it!!

Need to: new winch, sort gearing, front locker, sliders, rear disk conversion. :biggrin1:

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Update. Changed heaps since this post ^^

more stuff; underbody protection, snorkel, arb compressor, rear air locker, 3" Tough Dog lift, Bigger KM2's, Lightforce HID's, and other stuff I can't remember.
Loving it!!

Need to: new winch, sort gearing, front locker, sliders, rear disk conversion. :biggrin1:
My mate dropped a 1.8 from a Liana into his, goes like a rocket even with stock gearing and 31's :p

floody

Wheel size expert
That is AWESOME Brindog. How exxy is suspension stuff for these? Theres a lightly damaged one which has been passed in 3 salvage auctions in a row here, considering lowballing for it.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do it. So much fun! Chuck in a 2" suspension lift + 2" body lift and off you go. You have to tackle every track differently then others because of the smallness. Drop a back wheel in hole and over she goes! (srs)

From what I can remember suspension stuff is cheap for the basic stuff but it's limited. Obviously gets expensive when you replace suspension arms+lockers etc. I had a sweet SJ80 which is fairly similar, Jimny is slightly longer, same suspension design.

brindog

Likes Dirt
12000 ironman winch new in box if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer Moorey, but 12000 way over kill for a zook, and I can't afford to buy one for a few months anyway.

My mate dropped a 1.8 from a Liana into his, goes like a rocket even with stock gearing and 31's :p
Wicked, will probably do the same one day once the 1.3 goes bang. Pretty sure I've seen it online before, running General Grabbers?

That is AWESOME Brindog. How exxy is suspension stuff for these? Theres a lightly damaged one which has been passed in 3 salvage auctions in a row here, considering lowballing for it.
Alright, 2" are cheap. Once you go 3" you need adjustable panhards, extended brake lines, caster correction, so its a bit more.
I wouldn't do a body lift, just chop the guards to fit bigger tyres. :friendly_wink:
Do it!!

Last edited: