post up your bmx (s)

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
hai bmxicans...

This is my 'i want a bmx because husband has one and i don't wanna not have one it has green wheels can i have that ????' Redline RL540. Seriously just got it to have one and it was cheap, but have turned out to really love riding it. Really don't know anything about it, and am hoping someone here does ! I've looked all over the webs but it doesn't seem to be old enough to garner interest, yet it's not new enough to be easy to find info... I would like to fix up the chrome & stickers and it kinda needs new wheels as the green ones (while they're green making them AWESOME) aren't straight. Would really like to know if the frame is worth it, or if i'm better off running it until it dies completely. It's a 4130 chromo, from '97 ?(this info was based on color options available by year from bikepedia), 1 piece cranks aww yeah, f*#%&ing 1/2" pedals that seem not to exist anymore. Before someone gives me a hard time: I don't use the front brake-too lazy to remove it, the THE thing was put on to see if it fit and now it holds cables in place, the spokey dokeys are just my style, and i didn't paint the handlebars. Any help would be appreciated.

dsc03772large.jpg

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Scored this GT Zone, Not sure how good they are but seems like a cool little rig, I wouldnt mind upgrading cranks, chain ring, bars ect.. just not sure on what i should go for.
IMG_1189.JPG

will try and round up some pics

BMX 1 - PK Ripper, tuff wheels, pro neck, gt bars, landing gear forks (the original ones without the holes) this was 1983
BMX 2 - GJS, Araya rims, star bars 1984

yes I am old

Andrew

Frayed

Likes Bikes
my latest ride

Specs are
Frame: Fly Pantera
Forks: Odyssey Director
Bars: Colony Teddy
Cranks: Colony V2
and lots of other goodies including a khe freecoaster hub.
flypantera.jpg

turboads

Likes Dirt
GT Power Series 1.0

This is my 1998 GT Power Series 1.0

Was original until I 'lost' a heap of parts, now has:
GT Low 65 Bars
Profile 3 Piece Cranks
Mongoose stem & chainring
Primo Dirt Monster tyres

I've had this for 14 years and still take it down to the local BMX track!

Silverstreak

Likes Bikes
My Missus' old 1999 GT Performer. Gave it to my little brother about 5-6 years ago. He didn't ride it, it just sat and rusted. Decided to get it back, fix it up and give it to my 7 yo niece. It's in a bit of a state.

2012-12-27DeliveredbyBrett10_zps052c8544.jpg

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
20120_487947607910681_1909512730_n.jpg
My new United KL40 2013 model. pretty stoked with it. Got it for shits an d giggles but my mate has started organizing Friday night street rides which I hope to get involved in.

bmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Posted this in the "Post You Ride" section, but I'll throw it up here too.

Frame - Stolen Cherry 20.25"
Forks - Fit Shiv 2
Bars - Shadow Vultus 8.25" x 28"
Stem - Primo Aneyerlator
Brakes - Odyssey lever, Snafu Mobus gyro, Odyssey Evo 2 brakes with clear pads for better braking
Cranks - Profile w/ Ti
Pedals - Fly Ruben Graphite
R/Wheel - Tree LHD hub w/ Alienation Runaway (Stay Strong edition rim)
F/Wheel - BSD Street hub w/ Alienation Runaway (Stay Strong edition rim)
Sprocket - Tree Lite SD
Chain - Mechanik halflink
Tyres - Fly FAF 2.25" front, KHE Park 1.9" rear
Pegs - Odyssey J-Pegs
Seat/Post - Mankind pivitol

Weight - 10.2 kg

And my trail BMX;

Frame - Tempered Treason 20.5"
Forks - Macneil
Bars - S&M Slams
Stem - S&M Redneck
Brakes - Full Odyssey set up with Springfield brakes
Cranks - Wombolts (swapping out for Profiles)
Sprocket - Mutiny
F/Wheel - Odyssey Vandero hub w/ Hazard rim
R/Wheel - Primo Mix hub w/ Primo Rim
Seat/Post - Mutiny
Pedals - Odyssey PC, will change to alloys
Chain - Shadow Halflink

Weight - 11 kg

Will be changing a few parts, mainly bars to match the Stolen's ones.

cowma

Likes Bikes
Redline Proline Pro 24

2013-01-30_09-53-51_515 [800x600].jpg2013-01-30_09-53-24_812 [800x600].jpg

Here is my new ride, a 2013 Redline Proline Pro 24. It is my first bmx since I was a little kid so will take some getting used to but should be fun. It is stock apart from a set of Oury Lock On grips. I have some MG-1 pedals to put on but the stock ones don't seem too bad so far.

FRAME: 2013 Redline Proline Pro 24
FORK: Redline
STEM: Redline Hollowpoint 55mm
HANDLEBAR: Redline Pro chromoly
Grips: Oury Lock On
SEAT: Redline Pivotal padded
SEAT POST: Redline Pivotal
RIMS: Sun Rhyno Lite - 36H
FRONT HUB: Redline aluminum nutted
REAR HUB: Redline aluminum, cassette
REAR COG: 18T
SPOKES: Stainless steel 14 guage black
TIRES: Tioga PowerBlock F. 24 x 1.75" / R. 24 x 1.6"
CRANKS: Redline Flight 3 piece 180mm
SPROCKET: Redline 41T
PEDALS: Redline aluminum platform
BRAKE: Tektro 930AL
BRAKE LEVER: Tektro
CHAIN: KMC Z33NP
Redline Chain Tensioners
10.9 kgs

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Fly

SO i had a Fly Neutron but it was waaaay to small, so i lashed out and bought a Montana frame
Really happy with how it turned out, can't ride it for another 3 weeks though :(
also waiting on a chain..

IMG_7367 - Copy.JPG

FlyBikes Montana 2012, 21"
Bars: Montana
Grips: Vans (the best!!)
Stem: Fit Bike co S4 top load
Forks/wheels/cranks/sproket all Trebol kit from the Neutron
Tyres: Ruben Rampera 2.35
Pedals: Ruben
seat/post: Fly Dos

Attachments

binner

Hath shat hymself
a mates resto

here is an ol skool, most of you young punks may not of even heard of these....

full back to bare metal resto, the pics do not do it justice, and no it doesn't get ridden.

Attachments

Last edited:

youngone

Likes Dirt
After having my GT performer stolen mid last year I replaced it with a Specialized P3. My son and I then started racing BMX. We bought him a DK junior and I raced the P3 for a few months. At the end of the year fella in our club was selling his almost unused ABD cruiser and I grabbed it. After a few months of abuse; racing, training, pump track riding and a few spills I managed to crack the frame the week before the MacArthur open - our 1st open and 1st big event.
Thanks to Brett at BMXedge my nice new Kuwahara was delivered to the event for me to race and enjoy. I'm loving it!
The p3
IMG_1772_zps4db9865b.jpg
The ABD when I 1st got it (and early stages of the pump track in the background)
IMG_1977_zpsbcb06919.jpg
The Kuwahara
photo_zps5cab39d0.jpg

met63

Likes Dirt
new Dkoi build for grands this year.

Box rims on Purple Profile elite up, all ti, and Prototype 20mm Alius front hub. Elite crankset with Ceramic bearings, same in the headset etc. Box/odi mount lever, promax brakes (will be changed to box when i can get them) Alius bars, stem, fork and post. 7.1kgs

light and stiff, just how you want it :)

Attachments