Post your 29er!

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice SIR - very nice - steel really is a thing of beauty. Can't see me owning anything but for a very long time... Enjoy the ride..

Rolla

Likes Bikes
Mach 429 Trail

New weapon has arrived. Only 1 ride in goes good I need to work on my cornering to catch up with the bike. Came in at 11.5 kg with pedals with a few cockpit changes to come.

Attachments

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New weapon has arrived. Only 1 ride in goes good I need to work on my cornering to catch up with the bike. Came in at 11.5 kg with pedals with a few cockpit changes to come.
Nice what did it replace? Are you Xc or am orientated?

Really like the look of these...

Rolla

Likes Bikes
Nice what did it replace? Are you Xc or am orientated?

Really like the look of these...
It replaced a 2011 giant reign. Since I built up a 29er steel SS the small wheels don't work for me anymore. Will see menai / kentlyn a fair bit plus everywhere else. I ride general trail nothing too heavy.

spurr

Likes Bikes
Lucky boy

Quick trip back to where the journey began...

Was a bit of an impulse buy, having never ridden clown wheels before. Big change from the fully rigid 26" I had been riding (RIP). Love a good granny gear so wasn't sure about the 1x10, but the legs are starting to get used to it now.
View attachment 220512

After close to 4 years suffering under my heft a crack appeared at the top tube/seat tube junction. :eek:hwell:
IMG_1532.JPG

In an unexpected display of excellent warranty support the frame was replaced with the current Stumpjumper World Cup Expert carbon model. Aside from a 0.5 degree difference in head angle the geometry is identical to the old frame. So light, so stiff. :love:
IMG_1647.jpg

During all this the n+1 bug still managed to get a nip in and convince me I needed a dually as well, so a 2016 Camber Comp Carbon has joined the stable. Comfy like an armchair. :cheer2:
IMG_1722.jpg
IMG_1726.jpg