Post your 29er!

frank_n

Likes Dirt
Snapped this shot today with the new hoops...still love this bike all these years later:

Great bike, can see the love as it looks like it just came out of the shop..... Do you ever ride it? . Even with frame skin etc mine has chips, especially under the b-b moulding and at the rear.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah, it's been all around Oz but I've always owned another 29er HT for crappy conditions. I keep this for special occasions ;-)

Boxer

Likes Dirt
My new whip, 9.9kg of fun!

Snap! (no not the frame, but I have the same bike and love it, mine is 9.9kg incl 2 x cages and pedals as well, XTR M9000 and Thomson hardware) Great XC weapon with real trail chops

However I also wanted an Enduro rig for trail fun so built this one to add to the collection - some 12.6kg as pictured

Attachments

Boxer

Likes Dirt
Because he's already running a short stem and saddle pushed all the way forward on the rails? Must be long legged and short torso

creaky

XMAS Plumper
This super short seat tube length trend is giving me the shits as I have long legs. Who the hell wants an XL bike with an 18" seat tube, a gorilla, a sausage dog ?

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Because he's already running a short stem and saddle pushed all the way forward on the rails? Must be long legged and short torso
Nailed it. 180cm which puts me on the border of medium/large, but my legs go all the way up to my neck. The medium's are quite long with an effective top tube of 607mm.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
This super short seat tube length trend is giving me the shits as I have long legs. Who the hell wants an XL bike with an 18" seat tube, a gorilla, a sausage dog ?
Yep, combined with a super slack *actual* seatpost angle, it's a bloody pain. How far forward can a saddle go??

Gone Riding

Likes Dirt
Yeti SB95c - New to me!

Been a while since I visited (about the time it takes to grow 2 kids I guess), but after about 7+ years on my trusty Anthem XLtd I took my head out of the sand, looked around, and finally ended up joining the Yeti Tribe. One ride (24 hour Dirty Weekend here in SA) and I am hooked on this new 29" format of MTB and this bike...
20160506_Yeti_SB95c_SideOn.jpg
20160506_Yeti_SB95c_FrontSide.jpg
20160506_Yeti_SB95c_RearSide.jpg
12.3kg's as you see it here... there's potentially a bit of weight to lose but it sure rides 'lighter' than it is when compared to my Anthem at about 11.5kg's.

First impressions of this bike are awesome! Plenty of travel and comfort on the trail, but as soon as you put any decent force into pedaling the rear triangle does not move - very fast and solid feel, love it. Tight uphill switchbacks felt surprisingly easy too considering the geometry compared to the Anthem. Riding 1x11 takes a whole lot of thought out of riding too - no more looking down to the rear cassette and thinking of shifting in sets of 3 like the old 3x9 days. All I have ridden so far is about 120km's of XC single track during a sunny, then muddy, then sunny 24 hour team of 4 race, so I can't wait to get back out this weekend and find some faster and bigger flowing trails to really get a feel for 140mm of travel on what feels like it's going to be an awesome bike.

Future plans - happy to take advice here:
  • search for lighter XC tyres - although I'm told these are pretty decent.
  • remove bottle cage and use a pack (mud catcher!)
  • try dropper post and see if it's useful, otherwise remove and replace with lighter one.

Happy f'kn days again - good to be back!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
  • search for lighter XC tyres - although I'm told these are pretty decent.
  • remove bottle cage and use a pack (mud catcher!)
  • try dropper post and see if it's useful, otherwise remove and replace with lighter one.
Sweet Yeti. Always had a soft spot for SB95s. Dropper post in Adelaide is a bit of a mixed bag imo. First bike I tried that had one I was using it all the time, now I find it doesn't get used a heap unless things get steep or I've taken some brave pills or accidentally gone down a black diamond run - where it becomes invaluable. I reckon you'll probably end up keeping it with a bike like that.

Anyway, took this blast from the past out for a canter today, back from when 29ers were new and.... not fully resolved. A 2008(?) Intense Spider. Flawed but still fun. Some RBers will probably recognise it....

20160507_160628.jpg

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Sweet Yeti. Always had a soft spot for SB95s. Dropper post in Adelaide is a bit of a mixed bag imo. First bike I tried that had one I was using it all the time, now I find it doesn't get used a heap unless things get steep or I've taken some brave pills or accidentally gone down a black diamond run - where it becomes invaluable. I reckon you'll probably end up keeping it with a bike like that.

Anyway, took this blast from the past out for a canter today, back from when 29ers were new and.... not fully resolved. A 2008(?) Intense Spider. Flawed but still fun. Some RBers will probably recognise it....

View attachment 328122
Oh she's a beauty