Post your 29er!

Dayum! The Evil and Norco are both awesome looking machines! To say I'm jealous would be a massive understatement........

Hoping to join the 29er club in the next couple of weeks. Nothing compared to those though I'm afraid.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a challenge to build a sub $2k 130mm 29er. Mix of new and second hand bits. This is the result. Pretty feckin stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's it ride?

Had a challenge to build a sub $2k 130mm 29er. Mix of new and second hand bits. This is the result. Pretty feckin stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey man, that's a sweet looking bike for $2k

How's it ride and can you compare it to any of your previous bikes?

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just finished fixing the hardtail up. It is a Polygon Cosmic w/100mm reba.

The Stumpy has 120mm rear with brain. The front is 120/140 XFusion 15mm.

Currently going to use one wheelset between two because it's what I have to do !!

Both bikes use oval chainrings, 36 on the hardtail and 34 on the dually. Both bikes have brand new chains and the cassette is brand new also. Here's hoping I can change evenly between the two bikes for the cassette to match both chains !

Sent from something to something!

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
whats the polygon like to ride?
It is pretty fast, extremely stiff and handles really well for a 100mm race style hardtail.!! It obviously can get in out of its depth on really steep and techy terrain. It was put back together for light trail and punching out k's..

Sent from something to something!

Bun

Likes Bikes
You're not getting off that easy mate. Let's have some specs please! That bike looks lovely.

And how does it ride?
Thanks mate. I'm running the following;

* 2015 Banshee Prime Frame
* 140 Pike RCT3 up front
* 130 Monarch RT3 in the rear
* Sram Rail 50 wheel set
* Guide RS Brakes
* XO Drive train
* Raceface Sicx Carbon bars with 35mm Atlas stem

Currently riding it in the slackest setting (67.5 HA) and it's amazing, climbs well and descends even better . Coming from a Norco Range and a Canyon Spectral the Banshee holds so much speed and is just as easy to jump and move around as my previous bikes.

I was one of those 29er haters until hoping on this and I can't see myself going back. I think bumping up the forks to 150 will make it even better.

Last edited:

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard

* 140 Pike RCT3 up front
* Sram Rail 50 wheel set
* Guide RS Brakes
* XO Drive train

Currently riding it in the slackest setting (67.5 HA) and it's amazing, climbs well and descends even better . Coming from a Norco Range and a Canyon Spectral the Banshee holds so much speed and is just as easy to jump and move around as my previous bikes.

I was one of those 29er haters until hoping on this and I can't see myself going back. I think bumping up the forks to 150 will make it even better.
Seriously good pick-up mate.

Is this the one that was for sale in Canberra/ACT Mtb trading post?? If so, I couldn't believe how long it was for sale for at the price it was listed!! I kept looking for mates and other people to buy it, way too good of a bike not to be snapped up!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

* 140 Pike RCT3 up front
* Sram Rail 50 wheel set
* Guide RS Brakes
* XO Drive train

Wicked spec! It's wonderful when you get a bike that just clicks for you. Enjoy, it looks a keeper.

Specialized Camber Project

It's not as new and fancy as a lot of bikes here but I thought I'd share mine. I found this Specialized Camber on Gumtree for $600 stock, so I bought this as a spare for friends. I've slowly upgraded it and now I'm quite attached as I've pretty much learned how to build a bike from scratch through this project. Even learnt how to service fox air shock and stock fork. All parts sourced second hand through forums/ebay/gumtree etc. Overall spent around $1200 and this is what it is now.

Main upgrades are:
Roval Traverse wheelset with upgraded DT Swiss Hubs internal 25mm width
Rockshox Reba XX 120mm
M8000 XT Brakes
SRAM XO Drivetrain

It's a seriously fun trail bike now. Really happy how it turned out.

http://imgur.com/ausHDoC

PS Does anyone know how to remove the Rockshox Pushloc remote?

Attachments

Last edited:

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
My Yeti ASR Carbon was stolen last night. If anyone is in the market for a 29er and comes across this on ebay or gumtree please let me know. Generous reward offered for safe return.

Attachments

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Yeti ASR Carbon was stolen last night. If anyone is in the market for a 29er and comes across this on ebay or gumtree please let me know. Generous reward offered for safe return.
Sweet, I'm after a new dually, might grab a bargain!!!
Kidding mate, hope it gets found! :noidea:

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's not as new and fancy as a lot of bikes here but I thought I'd share mine. I found this Specialized Camber on Gumtree for $600 stock, so I bought this as a spare for friends. I've slowly upgraded it and now I'm quite attached as I've pretty much learned how to build a bike from scratch through this project. Even learnt how to service fox air shock and stock fork. All parts sourced second hand through forums/ebay/gumtree etc. Overall spent around $1200 and this is what it is now.

Main upgrades are:
Roval Traverse wheelset with upgraded DT Swiss Hubs internal 25mm width
Rockshox Reba XX 120mm
M8000 XT Brakes
SRAM XO Drivetrain

It's a seriously fun trail bike now. Really happy how it turned out.

http://imgur.com/ausHDoC

PS Does anyone know how to remove the Rockshox Pushloc remote?
Don't underestimate Cambers, they're a great capable bike. Ride it regularly and hard!

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Does this count ? I always swore I would stick with 26 no matter what . Then came the 650B AM rig and now I can`t believe I`m going 29 for my XC race bike . I guess it makes sense . Its a Merida big ninety nine 1000 frame and it will be built up with a most of the carbon bits from the 96 including the 11 speed drivetrain .
Not sure what fork I`m going to run as I want remote lockout . Also not sure on wheelset yet .

Attachments

Last edited: