Post your 29er!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Finally fitted the Minion DHF/SS combo, finished riding for the weekend so will suss them out mid-week:

They sit well on the LB 24mm internal rims, and don't seem sluggish up & down the street...

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Thats my favorite combo so far, especially in the national park. Minion ss seems to work better on narrower rims too.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Thats my favorite combo so far, especially in the national park. Minion ss seems to work better on narrower rims too.
Certainly, the sidewalls feel more substantial than the Contis I've been using...I'm hoping to run my usual 24/27-ish combo without the rear feeling like a noodle.

The rubber seems rather grippy too, but that could be just the brand-newness.

Twelve

Likes Dirt
Finally fitted the Minion DHF/SS combo, finished riding for the weekend so will suss them out mid-week:
I've got a Minion SS I've been meaning to put on the back of mine, inner diameter 30mm although have heard the profile is just a little bit too "square" at this width. Would be interested to hear your thoughts after some riding.

Tried an ardent 2.25 and the sidewall is wider than the side knobs, very sketchy.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Mine are mounted on 30mm outside/24mm inside width LB rims. My trails are quite tacky, with a leaf litter covering that's the main cause for slippin' & slidin'.

The Minion SS hooks up really well when banked over, and the sidewall is very supportive. But you do need to regulate your braking as there's not a heap of straight-line grip. But they do roll pretty quick & are super-quiet.

I had a Conti RaceKing out back before, I prefer the SS but they are very different tyres!

Twelve

Likes Dirt
Mine are mounted on 30mm outside/24mm inside width LB rims. My trails are quite tacky, with a leaf litter covering that's the main cause for slippin' & slidin'.

The Minion SS hooks up really well when banked over, and the sidewall is very supportive. But you do need to regulate your braking as there's not a heap of straight-line grip. But they do roll pretty quick & are super-quiet.

I had a Conti RaceKing out back before, I prefer the SS but they are very different tyres!
Sounds good, will have to try it and see how I go with a little bit of a wider rim. They do get a lot of praise, paired with a minion DHF in the front I can imagine it would be a good match.

Bike looks good too!

Tailshaft

Cannon Fodder
- 2013 GT Zaskar 9r Elite Hardtail -
RockShox Recon Gold RL 29 Solo Air
SRAM/Shimano 2x10 Combo
Formula RX 180(f) - 160(r)
Maxxis Ardent (f) - Aspen (r) - Soon swapping to a High Roller II (f) and Ardent (r)

Make some suggestions, I want to get the most i can out of this bike.

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg