Post your 29er!

ViS

Likes Dirt
Probably is plenty of argument (as with everything that has ever existed). I've run both, and the 185 feels better. Could be in my head, but I still prefer it ;)

Nothing wrong with the 160's and if I hadn't tried the 185, would still be very happy with their performance (especially with the XT brakes).

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably is plenty of argument (as with everything that has ever existed). I've run both, and the 185 feels better. Could be in my head, but I still prefer it ;)

Nothing wrong with the 160's and if I hadn't tried the 185, would still be very happy with their performance (especially with the XT brakes).
I'm with ViS I run a 185 out front and 160 on the rear, seems to suit my riding style. when I had the 160 up front I could be heard a mile away with the howling the 185 seems to handle the downhills a little better.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm with ViS I run a 185 out front and 160 on the rear, seems to suit my riding style. when I had the 160 up front I could be heard a mile away with the howling the 185 seems to handle the downhills a little better.
But Aaron
You are fat so need the extra braking power. :p (Kidding)
Plus my Formulas dont howl.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Any word yet

Yep no shit!! asked if it had been sent yet last night and was sent the tracking number, turns out someone(won't mention the name) signed for my parcel at work at 7:08am in the morning and so far have had no luck today in tracking it down :(

Thing is though if it was just about the cost I wouldn't mind so much but the fact that it was made specifically for me and all the waiting I've had to do...meh
Do you have any news on your stolen frame XC? Please let us know. Feel for you.
JD

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Righto, finally finished the build, last few bits took aggggees to get. Rides great. My first 29er, wont be my last. Definitely a good move. Some specs and some pictures

Jet 9 (Medium frame)

IMG_1044b.jpg
IMG_1042b.jpg
IMG_1039b.jpg
IMG_1040b.jpg
IMG_1046b.jpg
IMG_1050b.jpg

Last edited:

Rick_B

Likes Bikes
Sick looking ride. I like the black and red colour scheme, it looks very fast.

I know there is no other practical solution (other than jersey pocket), but a frame mounted pump just doesn't belong on a bike that fine.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
agreed

Great looking ride mate.

I run pumps (and saddle toolkits at times) on all my bikes too - simple / practical / no need for backpack / always there / a little bit geeky. You could look at the Lezyne range of pumps - for a bit more style - but it is just a pump.

Nice Jet mate.
JD

Sick looking ride. I like the black and red colour scheme, it looks very fast.

I know there is no other practical solution (other than jersey pocket), but a frame mounted pump just doesn't belong on a bike that fine.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Haven't seen too many Anthems here yet so here's mine so far. Please excuse the dirt - been too busy riding :D

2011 Giant Anthem 29er XL

Main-1.JPG

Wheels: Fulcrum Red Metal 29 XL
Pedals: XT
Saddle: Selle SMP Forma
Bars: Ritchey WCS Carbon Riser 660mm
Stem: Ritchey WCS 100mm
Grips: Ergon GP1
Tyres: Continental Race King 2.2 (not yet tubeless - just need goop)
Seatpost: USE Carbon 30.9 400mm

Top-1.JPG

Shiney? Yes.
Noisy brakes? Yes (despite being bedded in clean).
Grin-inducing? Absolutely.

Last edited:

Hugor

Likes Dirt
Righto, finally finished the build, last few bits took aggggees to get. Rides great. My first 29er, wont be my last. Definitely a good move. Some specs and some pictures

Jet 9 (Medium frame)

View attachment 188129
Is that a bottletop remover?
That is completely awesome!!!! Love it.
Now you must get the Niner beer steering tube cap to match.

niner[1].jpg

Awesome bike by the way and its refreshing to see consideration for function and style over that all important weight around here.

galumay

Likes Bikes

Awesome bike by the way and its refreshing to see consideration for function and style over that all important weight around here.
I am totally confused, the quoted post and link are for a totally different bike to the one in the photo??

EDIT - massive blonde moment! now i get it, photo is of another bike just to show the bottle top cap. Doh!

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
terrific mate

So the short of it is it got returned to sender and is now on its way again but this time with 'person-to-person' added so only I can sign for it.

Just a little bit relieved :eek:
Breathe easy

Pics when built please. Also were did you find the gold nuts for the Paragon slider bolts - from Paragon, Thylasine or local hardware store. I use Thomson stem bolts and locking nut - not nearly as goodlooking.

JD

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Great looking ride mate.

I run pumps (and saddle toolkits at times) on all my bikes too - simple / practical / no need for backpack / always there / a little bit geeky. You could look at the Lezyne range of pumps - for a bit more style - but it is just a pump.

Nice Jet mate.
JD
Thanks. I too run a saddle bag on all my bikes, the one for the Jet was off for washing.

The pump? It does take away from the picture a bit its true, but a handy little item indeed! ( and its black with one lil red bit so...)

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Great looking ride mate.

Nice Jet mate.
JD
Thanks. I too run a saddle bag on all my bikes, the one for the Jet was off for washing.

The pump? It does take away from the picture a bit its true, but a handy little item indeed! ( and its black with one lil red bit so...)

Certainly is! how cool are Niner design team, true geniuses.

I have the bottle top cap, it shall be graced with a Coopers sparkling lid. Then I can sit back with my open beer and admire my bike... actually thats a good idea...

Last edited: