Post your 29er!

ads_11

Likes Bikes
That anodizing looks fantastic - not so sure about the gear selection though :)
The anodizing is farking unreal in the flesh... It kind of sucks you in to have a closer look at the brand and when you do the attention to detail is amazing

ads_11

Likes Bikes
Wow.
Ads, you must be ginormous!!!
Nice looking bikes and they get a huge wrap in the US.

Ads, picture fail.
ALWAYS take pics of your bike from the driveside with the chain on the big ring little cog. ;)
Sumgy,
I was so excited to get it and up and running that in my haste I must have missed that ;)

I am 6'5" in case anyone is interested..

Last edited:

ads_11

Likes Bikes
Well, the first outing on the Lenz was confirmed my decision to buy this bike.
On a very miserable day here in Adelaide with foggy, wet and cold conditions we headed out to Eagle MTB park for a bit of a blast. There are a few niggly issues in getting the set up right, but the bike in general performed flawlessly. The major reason I purchased a new frame was because I wanted a stiffer rear end, and this is exactly what the Lenz provides. I notice zero flex in the rear at this point.
On the down hill, the Fox rear shock is like butter and very smooth. Up hill was quite different to my previous bike in that it was a little flighty (?)
This may be due in part to the setup I currently have and will take a little getting used to.

Heres another pic for the anal amongst us ;)

Attachments

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, the first outing on the Lenz was confirmed my decision to buy this bike.
On a very miserable day here in Adelaide with foggy, wet and cold conditions we headed out to Eagle MTB park for a bit of a blast. There are a few niggly issues in getting the set up right, but the bike in general performed flawlessly. The major reason I purchased a new frame was because I wanted a stiffer rear end, and this is exactly what the Lenz provides. I notice zero flex in the rear at this point.
On the down hill, the Fox rear shock is like butter and very smooth. Up hill was quite different to my previous bike in that it was a little flighty (?)
This may be due in part to the setup I currently have and will take a little getting used to.

Heres another pic for the anal amongst us ;)
Stem doesn't match seatpost either, another rookie mistake :D

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Well done Adam

The Lenz looks great mate well done and same to Guy (Larrys) - I love it when a plan comes together. The Lenz's are a little shorter than Intense, Turners, Santa Cruz and Ventana so the XXL would be more like an XL. Adam came off my old Intense XL Spider and the XXL Lev is alittle shorter. You will need a black stem please Adam, that seriously wont cut it here thanks very much.

krisko

Likes Dirt
If you haven't considered some cranks to fit your 6'5" stature instead of average 5'10" joe's I would highly recommend them Mr Zinn has info here and a video here if interested there are three other large crank vendors I know of besides Zinn 2 of which are cheaper(the 3 are carbon and similar price to Zinn's intergrated's).
You have kids bike cranks on that big bike! Im another big believer in matching crank length to your leg length. I run 180's on my full susser and 190s on my SS. I would run 185's on my Anthem 29 but fear pedal strikes.
The 190's on the SS feel right at 6'2.5"

ads_11

Likes Bikes
You have kids bike cranks on that big bike! Im another big believer in matching crank length to your leg length. I run 180's on my full susser and 190s on my SS. I would run 185's on my Anthem 29 but fear pedal strikes.
At nearly $700 for Mr Zinns custom cranks, I might have to pass on them for now.. I see the value in a longer crank, however they are quite difficult to source unless you go custom.
I looked at Zinns formula and applied it to my inseam and came out with a crank length of 188.5mm. I will just keep on the hunt for some and put up with the shorter 175mm for the mo.

ads_11

Likes Bikes
The Lenz looks great mate well done and same to Guy (Larrys) - I love it when a plan comes together. The Lenz's are a little shorter than Intense, Turners, Santa Cruz and Ventana so the XXL would be more like an XL. Adam came off my old Intense XL Spider and the XXL Lev is alittle shorter. You will need a black stem please Adam, that seriously wont cut it here thanks very much.
Cheers John.. Stem has been changed out for a black one.. But now the silver stem is on my SS and that is not right either... Aghhhh the quest for matching perfection continues..

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Cheers John.. Stem has been changed out for a black one.. But now the silver stem is on my SS and that is not right either... Aghhhh the quest for matching perfection continues..
keep at it Ads - perfection is a ever moving target. As for longer cranks - I run 180s on my Sheep - $230 Shimano XTs from CRC - Shimano Australia did not at the time import 180s into OZ. The 180s feel great but would feel pedal strikes if longer. I have some 175mm on my commuter but would prefer 180s.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
challenge

$2250 delivered to you...as long as you are in Australia.

Thats the base price, you can get a tapered steerer, full polish on the frame, even custom geometry if you want but it all costs a little extra. Ads is the standard XXL. Check the sizes on the Lenz website because you will most likely find that if you usually ride a large it will be the same as an XL in the Lenz.

Looks great Ads! Beat the hell out of it over the weekend and let us know what you think!
Right then, Lenz delivered to your door 2200 - 2500 depending on model and can be customized. Intense, Santa Cruz, Turner, Pivot = 3400 +.
On the Lenz website they are 2200 US then add frieght, taxes, etc.

No brainer to me but aint going to make Larry a millionaire - hell there will be more Lenz in OZ and the service is great.

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Right then, Lenz delivered to your door 2200 - 2500 depending on model and can be customized. Intense, Santa Cruz, Turner, Pivot = 3400 +.
On the Lenz website they are 2200 US then add frieght, taxes, etc.

No brainer to me but aint going to make Larry a millionaire - hell there will be more Lenz in OZ and the service is great.
Larry used to be a hand model. He's already a millionaire.

- Joel

ray

Likes Bikes
$2500 and we have a demo you can ride...but you have to come to Melb! Actually, it is missing forks right now.

Waiting for the new White Brothers loop forks in 29er. I'm told they will be here in a month. Then we will do some packaged up deals with Singular, Lenz and WB

In the meantime if anyone is riding kiddy wheels we can get the loops for 26 inch...even have one 5 inch travel set in stock!. We will be doing the servicing and parts backup too...god knows I need to use all those bizzaro tools I got from WB for something!
Dam you for making me really want one!!...and damn me for being in Sydney!....

i can't have another bike...already got three 29er's...and two 26er's.

i really really don't need another bike.

my wife will leave me.

.......keep me posted ( n+1 etc etc )

Ray.

Coolincotts

Cannon Fodder
Big Kahuna

Here it is she's got Velocity Rims, Schwalbe Furious Freds, Ultegra Rear Cassette, XTR Chain, Crank Bros Egg Beater Pedals and Troy Lee's Design Sella Italia Seat on a 2009 Kona Big Kahuna frame goes like a train on single track and fire trails although it could do with lighter forks-they are next!

Attachments

Macr

Likes Dirt
2007 Redline Monocog

I am just about to start doing a bunch of upgrades to this bike, including suspension, new brakes and wheels.
I can't wait to see how much improvement to the bike, will come with the new parts.

Upgrades, will be:
Marzocchi TST2 Air QR15 forks
Hope Pro 2 QR15mm disc hub
Most likely Velocity Blunt SL rims
Avid CR disc brakes
80mm Stem

Later Upgrades:
Hope Pro 2 SS hub
Truvativ Stylo 1.1 Cranks
Shimano XT Bmx style clipless pedals

abevern

Likes Dirt
That Lenz looks sweet!

I'm 6'4+ and built up my SS with 180mm cranks. When I finally got back on the susser (it took a few months) I felt like I was tripping over my shoes on the 175mm cranks, so have since upgraded that to 180mm too. I could easily go 185 or 190 according to Zinn, but would probably burst into tears if I smashed them on rocks. FWIW I'll never own a bike with less than 180mm cranks again.

Larry used to be a hand model. He's already a millionaire.

- Joel
Larry is a dog. As long as he gets to chase a ball every couple of days, and gets fed he IS a millionaire...oh and sit on the couch, he really likes sitting on the couch.

Oh, I didn't start doing this to become a millionaire, if I had, I should have come up with a much better plan.

Ray, its not a new bike if you do what Ads did...just swap all the bits off a different frame onto a Lenz. I just had my idea on how to become a millionaire...marriage counselling! Ray, you owe me 3% of what you would have lost:D

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Larry is a dog. As long as he gets to chase a ball every couple of days, and gets fed he IS a millionaire...oh and sit on the couch, he really likes sitting on the couch.

Oh, I didn't start doing this to become a millionaire, if I had, I should have come up with a much better plan.

Ray, its not a new bike if you do what Ads did...just swap all the bits off a different frame onto a Lenz. I just had my idea on how to become a millionaire...marriage counselling! Ray, you owe me 3% of what you would have lost:D
how to make a million dollars in the bike industry - start with 2 million.

on topic, new wheels, an experiment in cheap hubs:

000_0081_web.jpg000_0083_web.jpg

I was going to strip the paint off the rims as I've done before, both because the white is slightly offensive and to save about 30g per rim, but couldn't bear to spend the time outside with the paint stripper.

Edit: wow cameras need light huh?

- Joel

Last edited: