Post your 29er!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I think with wider rims you definitely need to run wider tyres, no point sticking a 2.1 on a wide rim as the tyre profile and volume is just asking for a rock strike... saying that, I still managed to crack a 50mm rim with 10psi on a 3" tyre.

I can say that on a fully rigid bike with big volume tyres, the ride quality is awesome, really nice smoothing of small bumps, decent climbing and awesome grip even know you have all the weight as rotational weigh, full suspension... I have forgotten what its like, will tell you soon.

But the weight of a FS bike and big rims and 3"+ tyres, would start to take the positives away due to weight I would think.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I caved and finally built up a 29er.

And a damn fine one at that. Cotic was my first choice for steel but the new geo put me smack bang in between medium and large and neither really would fit right. Nice ride mate, steel is so much fun! I'll swap you a ride around Welby if I see you.... I'm on the ritchey...

Last edited:

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet ride. Kinda looks like a good candidate for a dropper post. Is that in your plans?
Not at the moment. I'm still mucking around and getting used to it. It's a huge difference on firetrails but that's what I expected. I haven't tried any technical riding on it yet.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it's perspective more than anything, the saddle is in the wrong position after a fall and is generally slammed forward normally.

Bo it's bang on 10kegs, with plenty of chubb to lose (much like myself). I have a 1x11 xtr drive train minus the cassette at home waiting to go on, and some lighter tires, pedals and saddle would also cut an fair bit of weight :)

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I think it's perspective more than anything, the saddle is in the wrong position after a fall and is generally slammed forward normally.

Bo it's bang on 10kegs, with plenty of chubb to lose (much like myself). I have a 1x11 xtr drive train minus the cassette at home waiting to go on, and some lighter tires, pedals and saddle would also cut an fair bit of weight :)
I love it Cul

My mate has one and it is a great frame. Around $1500 for a custom titanium frame with local support- tell me their dreaming. My mate went for a more relaxed and beefier trail frame.
Nice one

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2011 Stumpjumper.

Built up using parts off other bikes in the garage. Total cost $900. New fork coming soon..$615. 1x9 gearing will be changed down the track. Climbing using a 34/34 is a challenge, but good for improving fitness !

nauticatarcher

Likes Bikes
Salsa Spearfish

My new to me Salsa Spearfish, loving it really well suited to rainforest tracks around me, playing around with Handlebar widths and stem length at moment, swapped original 600mm bars for 740mm weight a bit forward now but like the width so going to swap 100mm 0 deg stem for 80mm 6 deg and see how that feels, swapped Selle Italia X1 saddle for new Brooks C17 Cambium saddle loving that so much more comfortable.IMG_1378.JPG

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My workhorse Camber Comp AL.

Ride it to work, ride it at the trails, race it for endurance XC races and ride it on all day epics. Don't clean it enough.

Only things really non stock are proper tires that grip, tubeless, a ks dropper, renthal fatbar lite, mudguard and a praxis cassette/works components 1x10 conversion.

Attachments